πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION $5000.00 Wedding ring found ! You have to see her expression !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This young lady's husband (a former co-worker of mine) called me in a panic, saying his wife had lost her $5000.00 wedding ring in the back yard, while playing with a new puppy. I told him I would be there in 4 days, which was yesterday. I made the 1/2 hour drive to the town, asked some questions, and began looking for the White Gold and Diamond beauty. I thought I'd scan the puppy first, just to make sure he didn't swallow the ring ! No such luck. I began to grid the yard, and within 1/2 hour, I had this beautiful ring in my hand. Now comes the fun part. I heard the lady and her husband talking on the phone on the side of their house. She was talking to her mom, saying she thinks the ring is lost forever. With the ring in my hand, I went out and asked the lady for a bottle of water. When she turned to go in the garage, I gave her husband the ring and told him when she came back out, to ask her to marry him again, so I could capture her expression on my phone camera ! He even got down on one knee (his idea) as he re-proposed. She could not believe I had found the ring, as they had numerous people out in the yard looking for it. What makes this story even more interesting, is that her husband had called me 1 year and 9 months ago, to find his ring in a yard he was delivering UPS packages to, during the Winter time. He had slipped and fallen, and the ring fell off his finger. I was able to find that one also. I hope these two buy a tube of Super Glue, and put it on their ring fingers ! I told them to keep my number on file. Money was offered, but not accepted. My wife sure wishes this ring was on the beach. Oh well, maybe next time for her.

Attachments

• aislin.JPG
    aislin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 198
  • both.JPG
    both.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 158

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story & awesome recovery, a job well done, congrats & Honorable Mention

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the ring find and the cool way it was returned. A good deed for sure. Honorable Mention. Congrats!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the great ring recoveries! Great story!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2::hello2: Well done my friend, great deed and great publicity for we detectorists. Awesome

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!!! Congrats!!!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and a great return. That's what it's all about.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This young lady's husband (a former co-worker of mine) called me in a panic, saying his wife had lost her $5000.00 wedding ring in the back yard, while playing with a new puppy. I told him I would be there in 4 days, which was yesterday. I made the 1/2 hour drive to the town, asked some questions, and began looking for the White Gold and Diamond beauty. I thought I'd scan the puppy first, just to make sure he didn't swallow the ring ! No such luck. I began to grid the yard, and within 1/2 hour, I had this beautiful ring in my hand. Now comes the fun part. I heard the lady and her husband talking on the phone on the side of their house. She was talking to her mom, saying she thinks the ring is lost forever. With the ring in my hand, I went out and asked the lady for a bottle of water. When she turned to go in the garage, I gave her husband the ring and told him when she came back out, to ask her to marry him again, so I could capture her expression on my phone camera ! He even got down on one knee (his idea) as he re-proposed. She could not believe I had found the ring, as they had numerous people out in the yard looking for it. What makes this story even more interesting, is that her husband had called me 1 year and 9 months ago, to find his ring in a yard he was delivering UPS packages to, during the Winter time. He had slipped and fallen, and the ring fell off his finger. I was able to find that one also. I hope these two buy a tube of Super Glue, and put it on their ring fingers ! I told them to keep my number on file. Money was offered, but not accepted. My wife sure wishes this ring was on the beach. Oh well, maybe next time for her.

Excellent work Trezurehunter!
Jon :occasion14: 8-) :cat: :headbang:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great return! I fully understand scanning the puppy first..:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions