What's new

50s, toy army man??

vanoldschool

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
720
Reaction score
217
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted pic last minute, but anyways here is a little part of Army man holding a flag, I believe made out of lead. Has anyone seen something similiar? just looking for any info on him thanks, found in park from the 40s
 

Attachments

  • 101009-204953.webp
    101009-204953.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 439
This post is a few months old . I hope no one minds me bringing up older posts. Before I joined this forum I use to sometimes just come in and look around and I knew this was a Barclay Toy solder.I found a photo but never did do anything about it. Today I saw the photo and since I have joined in I just thought what the heck. Yeah I know I'm blabbing too much here! Anyway hope you see this if you haven't discovered anything about your little man yet. Since I can't see the whole soldier and many things can change the year it was made, I just deducted it had to be one of these guys below. Knowing only from what I can see, your flag bearer was made between 1935 until 1939-1940. I see his helmet is missing, in 1939-1940 they were changing the helmets from being separate tin ones to a mold that included the helmet instead. One of these times I hope to find a complete soldier, as of now the few I have found have limbs snapped or eatten away here and there. I love finding old toys! Well hope this helped some curiosity! Happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • barclay.webp
    barclay.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom