What's new

.577 t-rex rifle

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It brings back memeries of my first hunt with my dad.
I was 4 years old and a phesant in a tree.
My dad hands me the double barrel shotgun and I aimed and yes I pulled both triggers at The same time and it took me right off my feet.
 
But ... did you get to eat your target? ;D

Mike

PS That rifle appears to have a mighty kick, but from the little I know, there are few who try it in the video, who know how to prepare for the kick.
Just my amateur observation.
 
i raise you the 700 nitro express
300px-Bullet_45acp_cartridge.jpg.JPG



 
Large "dangerous"game ,Elephant ,Hippo ,Rhino, Cape buffalo etc
 
No Old Dog, you accepted that risk when you took the vow.

Fired a few double loads out of some old Confederate muskets for the sake of the noise. Also fired a small cannon, about a 2" bore that you'd mount on the gunwales I 'spose. Couldn't get that thing to mount on my canoe though. Lucky ducks. Fish, trees, turtles, other boats, flood control dams, etc...
 
speaking of big game...the Cape Buffalo has the baddest temper of all...a quote from a big game hunting guide..."they look at you like you owe them money....lots of money."
another "the only difference between a Cape Buffalo and a freight train is the freight train doesn't back up to finish you off"
;D
think i'll stay home
 
Having been a hunter all my life practically, I have shot nearly ever conceivable firearm out there. Those big boomers are fun to shoot ........a couple of times. After that it's pain city! The shells are also very expensive. I guarantee you no one who owns one is going to go to the range and fire off a couple of hundred rounds. The biggest bore I have seen was a .50 cal. BMG ( Browning Machine Gun) fired from a Barrett sniper rifle. It can hit a target nealy a mile away with consistency! And the recoil has been relatively tamed with a hkug muzzle break and a special recoil pad. Our military uses them also. Monty
 
Hehehe. I just get gidy watching these clips. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom