Prairie Gazingfox
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2025
- Messages
- 356
- Reaction score
- 406
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Illinois
- Detector(s) used
- Pendulum
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
It never occured to me since May or June this year to add this piece of info. Untill now.
Frank Henry Schramm's hidden cache. Or whatever it is he put there ( in the 1920s to 1940s ) where I believe it is, is exactly 30 feet from a good size stone in the ground. The stone is also 2 or 3 yards from another stone. Both are well immersed and DO LOOK that they have been there for decades.
Despite the obvious strong root system of the nearby trees - younger as well as older ones nearby, the 2 stones are seriously embedded in the ground. Its out of the question that our colleagues in the 1970s or since have put them there. I mean, if they did. They must have been the most reckless type of hunters.! Or just believed in this Spot way more than me! But never came back to examine......
I measured 1 of them. With a tape measure 4 or 5 months ago. It is exactly 30 feet from the Epicenter. Literally 2 or 3 inches off Maybe.
Didn't measure the other one but I think it must be 40 feet away. They are NOT on the same line. At least not Initially. They are close to each other.
The problem: it's a forest preserve. But maybe for a good cause? Like for orphans or other people in need, it can be excavated? Its not near big trees, at least that I do know.
Just my observations here.
Frank Henry Schramm's hidden cache. Or whatever it is he put there ( in the 1920s to 1940s ) where I believe it is, is exactly 30 feet from a good size stone in the ground. The stone is also 2 or 3 yards from another stone. Both are well immersed and DO LOOK that they have been there for decades.
Despite the obvious strong root system of the nearby trees - younger as well as older ones nearby, the 2 stones are seriously embedded in the ground. Its out of the question that our colleagues in the 1970s or since have put them there. I mean, if they did. They must have been the most reckless type of hunters.! Or just believed in this Spot way more than me! But never came back to examine......
I measured 1 of them. With a tape measure 4 or 5 months ago. It is exactly 30 feet from the Epicenter. Literally 2 or 3 inches off Maybe.
Didn't measure the other one but I think it must be 40 feet away. They are NOT on the same line. At least not Initially. They are close to each other.
The problem: it's a forest preserve. But maybe for a good cause? Like for orphans or other people in need, it can be excavated? Its not near big trees, at least that I do know.
Just my observations here.







