What's new

6 Faced Jug with Melon Ribbed pattern... NEED HELP FIGURING IT OUT!

Wheels

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
42
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I have this 6 faced jug with melon ribbed pattern. The faces resemble Aztec gods, but that is my guessing - really I don't know. Measures about 9” diameter and 6 ½” tall. I'm tring to figure out if it's a treasure or just something cool. If anyone can give me any info or ideas what it is used for, I really would appreciate it. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • juggy.webp
    juggy.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 377
where did you find it? and how big is it?
 
Upvote 0
How did you get this item?
 
Upvote 0
seadoodiver said:
Is the hole big enough to hold a candle?
Jeff
Cape Coral FL

OP says diameter is "about 9"", so I would guesstimate the opening is 2-2 1/2 inches.
 
Upvote 0
Looks African to me. It would really help to let us know where and how you got it.
Also, this is the same jug: (Not a SIMILAR jug...the SAME jug)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Anthropomorphic...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c13d99f14

Did you put it up for auction before knowing what it is? It has been listed twice.
I am confused by this post as the eBay listing suggests you already know what it is.
My spidey sense is tingling.

Which of these scenarios fit:
1. You own the piece and listed it on eBay. It had no takers so you re-listed it. It now has a bid
but you want to ensure you are not giving it away so you wish to research it now. Makes sense for
the most part but you really should do your legwork before listing the auction, not as hindsight.
Or
2. You bought the jug and want to know if YOU are getting the
treasure and research via T-Net is a logical step. That's how I'd do it.
 

Attachments

  • face jug.webp
    face jug.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 250
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Since the Ebay auction ended 3 days ago and this was posted here yesterday I would hope you're the buyer and just looking for our opinion as to whether or not you got a good deal. If you're the seller the auction is over and since there was no reserve the only right thing to do is ship it to the winning bidder no matter how old it is or what it's value. Ebay auctions are a binding contract and this auction ended with a winning bid being placed. Which are you ? Buyer or seller ? Reading the description and the fact that it sold on a worldwide auction site so cheap would tend to make me believe it's nothing more than a modern Mexican pottery piece made for the tourist market. Still a cool piece for 6 bucks plus shipping.
 
Upvote 0
The OP emailed me earlier. He is the buyer and merely wanted our opinion on the piece. I think he got a great deal and the piece will display quite well. I'd buy them all day long at that price.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom