6 Gold rings!!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so they weren't found metal detecting or while i was even hunting...but rather while i was watching tonight's episode of gold rush ...in walks a girl that works at my family's bar with 6 gold rings and asks if id give her acouple hundred bucks so i agree and paid her ...... unnamed.jpg acouple are 10k others are 14k

Upvote 10
OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were all here old rings shes an older lady and i trust her with that...she said the big blue diamond looking ring was almost 4500 ...so if i can sell them and make something i can give her more so i dont feel so bad

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why feel bad?

She approached you with them and asked for a couple hundred bucks - she on hard times?

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamonds, Sapphires and a Ruby, oh my!

A true pirate's dream come true!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow thats a decent haul, Dusty! Congrats! Treasure aint always about finding something. Sometimes a treasure is Lady Luck smiling on you! :thumbsup:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is quite a score and the gold came to you! Awesome!
Treasure is turning up in unusual places now due to the bad economy, keep your eyes open!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate that she was that desperate for cash but it worked out well for you. Congratulations for being in the right place at the right time. Tell your folks she might need a raise! LOL

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably gave her more than a pawn shop would have, but I hate to see somebody in such a tight spot they have to sell their family jewels. Having said that, you can't eat gold jewelry and 200 bucks will buy some groceries and pay some rent or put gas in the car. You have to do what you have to do to survive and as long as a person is honest with you upfront, their loss is your gain. Your comment to give her some more money if the one ring is as valuable as she said is very decent. Good luck to you and this lady.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For many wealthy folks at the top of the food chain, the economy never really got bad at all, they just used the threat of a bad economy to squeeze a little more out of their employees, lay off a few and cut the pay and increase the hours of the remaining workers while telling them they are lucky to even have a job. All the while they are increasing the bottom line and getting richer. As technology eliminates many lower paying jobs and the economy struggles to adjust to the changing workforce needs, there are still many people holding on by just a bare thread. It is sad to see someone so desperate for a few hundred bucks to sell their gold jewelry so cheaply but desperate times often result in desperate measures. Your offer to pay her more if the rings are worth more is commendable since it appears you did not have any obligation to do that. However, it is certainly worth keeping in mind that many people believe we will ultimately give an accounting of our lives. "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." Peace be with you.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you know, no matter what people say. :dontknow: Giving her more if you get more is the right thing to do. :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread