Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have made hoppers out of wood, old buckets my favorite was made from an old grow light hood and aluminum grating off the back of a bus. Highbankers suck for fine gold as the wash action and drop from the hopper ads a lot of bubbles to the slurry, a length of plain sluice trough a slick plate before the riffles helps to get the fines to drop.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like making hoppers out of aluminum sheet metal. If you have a brake it's easy to bend the aluminum into any shape or configuration of hopper you want. you are only limited by your imagination. A brake, a pop rivet tool, drill, and the aluminum is all you need.

Just decide whether you want a grizzly to do the classifying or whether you will be pre classifying the material before feeding the high banker.
With a 6" wide sluice I would recommend pre classifying but you could always build it with a grizzly and do it either way.

For ideas click here -> Hopper for high banker
Scale the hopper of your choice down to the size you need.

If you dont have a brake then just get the size heavy duty plastic storage box/tote you need and go from there..........
attachment.php

GG~

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Good post Buddy ! And sheet metal brake's function is EZ to duplicate with aluminum clamped between 2 2x4's and hammer the alum. over to do the 90 degree bends OR take your alum. to a sheet metal shop and pay them to bend it up for you OR like Buddy stated ,buy a plastic tote ! You just cant beat simplicity at it's finest ! :occasion14:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your using a 6” wide mat you could find a gray plastic triple wide exterior grade electrical box. Like you’d use with plastic conduit. Should be cheap ish and easy to locate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread