Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I know I'm posting a lot sorry.
So I'm on youtube a few nights back and see this guy claiming his 6 inch coil was loose so he was putting together a fix with a wooden shim?
I've not even had mine on yet but intend to today at some point as far as this youtube video goes my thought is he either didn't put the square grommet in the 6 inch coil, or took the other 2 tear drop shaped grommets out that the manual tells you to put in for the 11 inch.
So as to not have the same problem is that what I should do leave to 2 tear drop shaped grommets or shims in along with the square one for the inside of the 6 inch?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't heard anyone complain about a loose coil. Your detector is new, you shouldn't have to "MacGyver" it. I think sometimes Youtubers are looking for content too hard and they inadvertently create their own problems.

OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't heard anyone complain about a loose coil. Your detector is new, you shouldn't have to "MacGyver" it. I think sometimes Youtubers are looking for content too hard and they inadvertently create their own problems.
Yea I was starting to think the same about the fellow I saw but what he did was left out that square piece which has a small shaft that protrudes out and catches the rubber grommet on the left side ear of the coil.
The manual doesn't say anything about mounting the 6 inch but all I have to do is put it on and go,I just wanted to be sure I didn't screw that up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread