6 Silvers one hunt!! E-trac ROCKS!!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I took a rare mental health day and Baldingboy decided he would ruin my day off, I mean accompany me to find a site to hunt. We headed off at 10 AM after I had a filling replaced that fell out last Friday. We had no where to go we just drove. I had run across a couple of houses in a town about 50 minutes from where we live that I wanted to hunt but we had never gotten to talk to the home owners. Baldingboy said he just wanted to detect the jewelry counter at the Local Wal-Mart. :laughing7: While I agreed with him that would be easier and way more fun, I do NOT look good in orange. So we headed out.

After a drive up to the location I wanted us to hunt listening to BB complaining about it taking so long, I cannot tell you how glad I was to finally reach the destination. Then the moment of truth arrived. BB and I flipped a coin and he lost the toss, so he had to go ask for permission to hunt the site..........there wasn't any coin toss I just told BB I sucked at getting permission and I couldn't handle the rejection of being told no. So he took mercy on me and went up and asked. After talking to the homeowner a short time he returned to the car and said the homeowner said we could hunt it!!!!!

Within 3 minutes of beginning to detect I had my first silver a Rosie. I proceeded to dig up wheat pennies and 5 more silvers for the day!!! :o For us that is a phenomenal day detecting. The oldest was a 1945 Merc and my oldest Wheat was a 1919 which was one year younger than the house we were detecting.

Also found a few pieces of religious jewelry, part of a Rosary, and a Religious Medal with Mary on one side and Jesus on the other. All three of the medals will be going to the homeowner. She did not take any of our coins.

I have no clue what the KH item and the last item pictured is.

I really have to say that the E-trac continues to impress me. BB had a great day too. The ground was perfect, the weather was better than perfect and the hunt was a blast. Probably one of the best days of detecting I have had in the last 4 years.

Thanks for reading this. Sorry it's so long.

Attachments

• allfinds.jpg
    allfinds.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 735
  • keepers.jpg
    keepers.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 725
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 743
  • child front.jpg
    child front.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 725
  • child bacj.jpg
    child bacj.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 733
  • Jesus.jpg
    Jesus.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 735
  • mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 739
  • rosary.jpg
    rosary.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 724
  • kh.jpg
    kh.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 718
  • dkn1.jpg
    dkn1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 713
Upvote 0

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great hunt, you two! I pulled some silver out of a yard yesterday with my Etrac...they do rock.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'm seeing something on the Roosey in the lower left corner of the 2nd pic. Can you provide a close-up of it front and back? May be an error or something.

BTW, mastereagle, how mental is your health? It can't be all that bad with all these finds!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I didn't get a close-up of that dime. It does have some kind of markings or something on it. I will snap a picture of it tomorrow and post it. Sorry it's already put away for the night and it's past my bedtime.

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff :icon_thumright: Thanks for sharing!!!

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super finds-congrats! :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey when you pull the cord and start that Etrac up,it does the job.Terrific finds,ME.Hope you can ride that thing to Kansas. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I'm trying to make it WSD but my boss is giving me some issues now since that is Labor Day weekend..... :'( :-\

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
The 'K-H' thing looks like the ring portion of a snap gripper to me.
Looks like you did well despite being handicapped that day.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Possibly the shiny thing in your hand is the front grill from a toy truck or toy car. I love your long posts including the pseudo-feud hilarity between you and Baldingboy. The Mastereagle - Baldingboy antics and finds are one reason I love looking at t-net. Yeah, yeah, I know you're gonna say there's nothing fake about the feud, ha-ha. Please keep up the hilarity and the great finds!
Andi

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
g-olden years said:
Possibly the shiny thing in your hand is the front grill from a toy truck or toy car. I love your long posts including the pseudo-feud hilarity between you and Baldingboy. The Mastereagle - Baldingboy antics and finds are one reason I love looking at t-net. Yeah, yeah, I know you're gonna say there's nothing fake about the feud, ha-ha. Please keep up the hilarity and the great finds!
Andi

Right, looks like the front grill to a Mack or Kenworth toy truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread