7.2 kilo nugget

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi everyone , i'm new to this forum as another club member asked me to post this photo, so here i am.
Well this is a photo of a 7.2 kilo nugget found north of Kalgoorlie in West Australia.
The sad part of this story is that my mate should have been in the photo as well, something came up and he pulled out of the trip otherwise i would have seen him there shareing the limelight with the other guys.
Raoul

Attachments

• 20200408_144153.jpg
    20200408_144153.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
There used to be an old Kingston Trio song:

Oh Merriest London's a wonderful sight
with people there digging by day and by night.
They don't sow potatoes nor barley nor wheat
but there's gangs of them digging for gold in the street.

At least when I asked them that's what I was told
so I just took a hand in this digging for gold
But for all that I found there I might as well be
Where the mountains of Maurne run down to the sea.

Looks like these guys found this right in front of some major public building in front of a statue. The guy in the song should have gone to Oz instead of London. He might have fared better.

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
That statue you see in the background is of Paddy Hannon he is the person who started the first goldrush in the area, he unearthed 100oz of gold in the first 2 days,the town of Kalgoorlie was born thanks to his finding gold in the area in 1892.
the Kalgoorlie area even today as you can see by the photo is still producing plenty of nuggets, can you imagine how many more are being found that we don't hear of.
Raoul

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloody beautiful-color me gold with envy but how do the partners split that one up?? I'd kill rather than sell it??Tons a au 2 u 2-John :shock:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread