Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have days just like that quite often....it is a bad habit I have...

Good Video!!

HH

Dennis

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you have a sovereign with the Wot coil. In my opinion :laughing7: Chest mount that sovereign, stay in the shallow water and you'll triple those good finds. The Sovereign with the Wot coil is a killer beach combo. It will run circles around that Tesoro water machine. My sand shark went to my garage wall when I got my sovereign and wot coil. I kid you not your jewelry finds will go through the roof.

Looks like you had fun and nice video! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you have a sovereign with the Wot coil. In my opinion :laughing7: Chest mount that sovereign, stay in the shallow water and you'll triple those good finds. The Sovereign with the Wot coil is a killer beach combo. It will run circles around that Tersoro water machine. My sand shark went to my garage wall when I got my sovereign and wot coil. I kid you not your jewelry finds will go through the roof.

Looks like you had fun and nice video! :thumbsup:
Thank you.

There's no argument that the SOV GT and WOT coil are very effective on the beach. I bought the Minelab when my Tesoro was in the shop a few years back. Like you said, my jewelry finds increased with it. Here in Central Florida, the heat and humidity is pretty brutal this time of year. I prefer to hunt waist to chest deep water to stay cool. I have used my SOV in shallower water in the cooler months. For me, swinging the WOT coil through water is pretty tiring. I know there are some that do it fairly easily, but I'm not one of them.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.

There's no argument that the SOV GT and WOT coil are very effective on the beach. I bought the Minelab when my Tesoro was in the shop a few years back. Like you said, my jewelry finds increased with it. Here in Central Florida, the heat and humidity is pretty brutal this time of year. I prefer to hunt waist to chest deep water to stay cool. I have used my SOV in shallower water in the cooler months. For me, swinging the WOT coil through water is pretty tiring. I know there are some that do it fairly easily, but I'm not one of them.

I hear you about swinging the WOT coil, it's a beast. It would be worth while to pickup a smaller coil for it. I also used a Sunray 12.5" coil on it too (very light coil and more sensitive than the WOT). I haven't kept up with after market coils for the Sovereigns so their could be something better out there too :dontknow:At the very least the stock coil works great too. Just a thought for you. One of these days I'm going to get out to Florida and give your beaches a go :laughing7: HH Randy

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been tough out there lately...I aint giving up...the next find might be my big one...good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread