7 hour hunt! With promising finds!!!! Plus a gold key!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
After school went to samantha smith elementary. Started slow but picked up fast. I hunted the little kids playground and got 26 cents and a key plus a charm. Then went to the other playground that big kids used and got some more pennies and 2 dimes even a nickel.

Fridays Finds

1 key
1 charm
6 pennies
2 dimes
1 nickel
1 quarter (indiana)
Total: 56 cents. I am getting better at finding this stuff! Only took 2 hours!

Then i went to my special spot which is at the community center at hood canal and found more stuff! It was harder to hunt since it was in the dark but i loved it! i hunted it for 2 hours

Saturdays Finds
1 quarter
2 dimes(oldest 1966 and 1968 i was 2 years away from silver! Also 4 years away from silver! Grrrr! Maybe next time!)
4 pennies
Total: 49 cents

Sundays Hunt was amazing i switched it from tone mode to disk mode and got a lot more coins then i thought i would! The hunt was also 3 hours.

Sundays Finds
5 dimes
1 quarter
7 pennies
Total: 82 cents

This weekend i got $1.89 total! I know all u guys get $10 a day now but i am a noobie and getting better!. Here is a picture of my finds! Now i call the community center my special spot!

May5th-7thfinds.jpg

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Good stuff DF! The only ones finding $10 a day are on the the beach (generally). I like to hunt the older spots... fewer coins but more value. Not to knock the beach, as its its fun there too. Keep up the good work! Happy hunting to all this spring! -Ben

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the clad change, I pretty much am hooked on relic hunting myself. Sometimes I accidently find a silver coin.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job and keep at it, those trashy signals can turn out to be nice finds! HH, Mike

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
One thing for sure is that Middle Schools are the best for digging clad coins. However, if u want to find a lot of coins, don't search the playground where everyone hits. I have only been detecting for 2 years, but I hunt with two guys that have been detecting for over 25 years.

We hit a middle school in 2005, when I had about 8 months under my belt, I dug 97 coins that totaled over $8.00. I thought I really kicked butt as this was probably triple what I normally ever found. This was in about 6 hours. If I knew I was that close to 100, I'd a kept going. I also had like 8 or 9 nickels. So I was pumped. However, both of the others had over 200 coins. I think the one guy had like 210 and the other guy had like 265. Jim, the one with 265, dug over 80 nickels. Sometimes you hit the middle schools in small town where a lot of people don't detect and you hit the jackpot. And by the way...I went there two more times last summer and found over 50 coins each time. So I know the place wasn't hunted out. However, those guys both had over $20.00 that day each.

In the end of last summer, when I had a lot more experience, we hit another middle school in mid-michigan where these guys did real well about 3 or 4 years ago. Let me tell you, it didn't seem as it had been hit since then because I had my best day ever. I got 137 coins totalling 16 or 17 dollars. I think I dug like 40 quarters. Anyway, I too mostly search old spots where I find less coins, but they are better ones. But, it is nice to hit schools sometimes, especially when they haven't been hit in a long time.

When we go...3 of us go and we test the yard for a half hor or so...if we each don't have close to 1.00 each we leave until we find a better school. Try it sometimes. It works.

Deerhunter24

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread