What's new

7 hours on the Farm....

digger460

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
2,984
Reaction score
3,300
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I got permission to hunt a 100+ yr. old farm not far from me. They had told me that the original home burned down in the 70's. I asked them where it would have been on the property, but they really couldn't remember. So, I went on NetR online and pulled up an aerial map from 1952. There was a large barn and 2 other out buildings that used to be on the property, but I could not see the house. There were alot of tree's, and I probably looked at that aerial for an hour, trying to find it. Finally made the decision on where it had to be.

Sunday I went out there, and went to the spot I thought the house should be. Within about 10 minutes I get a solid 82-83. I use an ATP and had it Pro zero,iron audio and didn't here any iron. Then I noticed there were more in that small area, all separated.

So I start digging, and I hit a piece of flag stone. Pull it out, then another. Pull it out, and hit a very obvious large stone that you would see on a stone foundation for a home. Bingo, found it! Problem was I'm still getting the 82-83 signal......Thru the stone!!!

So I dig on the other side, and sure enough it's a double thick foundation and the signal is in between the stones. Just my luck. Or hidden treasure? :icon_scratch: Not likely.

Anyway I spent over an hour doing this and was happy to find the house, but it was time to move on to check out other structures that used to be there. I'll bring the C4 next time for the foundation.

So here are my finds. It was along day, and didn't find a single coin, but I had fun, and a work out. Thanks for looking.

If you have any info on anything you see here, please enlighten me.
 

Attachments

  • web1.webp
    web1.webp
    570.1 KB · Views: 172
  • web2.webp
    web2.webp
    428.6 KB · Views: 238
  • web3.webp
    web3.webp
    689.8 KB · Views: 226
  • web4.webp
    web4.webp
    518 KB · Views: 219
  • web 5.webp
    web 5.webp
    519.6 KB · Views: 141
  • web6.webp
    web6.webp
    507.2 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 22
I'd just hunt however U feel like it on any certain day = Lot's of energy , Dig Most Everything, =Feeling Tired , Cherry Pick.
Sounds like you have more time left to hunt this site.
Even if "Cherry Picked" by Someone Before , I'm sure they missed something esp, Gold, Nickles , & yes Silver.
GL
Davers
 
Looks like a whole mess of iron.
It's just.a matter of time before you figure out the front and the back of the house. That's where the coins will be.
 
When I used my AT Pro I had it set on pro coin, 10 iron discrim because I was cherrypicking first, looking for the obvious targets. I went through places like a jetti master, letting the force guide me. I figured my luck would lead me to a good find. If I found so much as a Wheatie, I'd mow the lawn, every blade of grass, low and slow/sort of, and cherrypick. After I covered the entire yard I'd go back with Pro zero settings, very low, very slow, and listen to any repeatable signal, even if it was just repeating from one direction. I'd dig that signal.

Worked for me, I found allot of cool stuff with my AT Pro.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom