What's new

$7 in pennies, YTD totals, and updates

FiresEye

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
322
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Did $7 in shotgun rolls and was pulling 10% or more CU.. very nice batch. Also nabbed a 1922 and 1942 Wheatie. Just yesterday I pulled a almost uncirculated wheat from another batch of pennies.

In total, I have $120 in face value copper pennies. Took me forever to get that many, but I've made some neat finds along the way.
 
Upvote 0
Great!

but 10% is a really low %.
and if you really had a Ryedale, $120 face Cu would only take a few hours.

Enjoy the hunt!
 
Thank you!
The problem is, I don't have a bank with a coin counting machine, so doing boxes of halves or massive pennies can be a problem.

Plus, what do all you ryedale people do? Wheel in 300 pounds of zincolns and feed them to the machine?
 
Fireseye, what is that in your picture? Is that like a person's jaw, a rock, or rotten lemon? I stared at it trying to figure it out.

10% in Copper pennies is very low. Typically, it's around 20%.
 
Lol, I think thats a rock, thought it was some rotten lemon to at first sight
 
SFBayArea said:
Fireseye, what is that in your picture?

It's a metamorphic garnet mica quartz biotite gold bearing hard rock specimen from north Georgia.
 
the white stuff is the quartz surrounding the contact zone of the geothermal vein... it's typical of gold bearing heavy sulfide ores of the area.
 
festiva_ford said:
I think thats a rock,

Yeah it's a rock, but the shape and structure does look interesting though, even from a far.

Found two more wheaties today, and around 15% copper on 14 rolls.
 
FiresEye said:
Thank you!
The problem is, I don't have a bank with a coin counting machine, so doing boxes of halves or massive pennies can be a problem.

Plus, what do all you ryedale people do? Wheel in 300 pounds of zincolns and feed them to the machine?

Yes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom