1. A backup machine for when the CTX goes in for RMA. When not if.
2. Popeye like arms to swing it in the surf.
3. Magnified glass to inspect for sand on O-ring and groove after each hunt.
4. Can of air to blow sand out groove.
5. Extra O-rings.
6. Lots of duck tape to keep lower shaft from moving. Cam lock will wear out.
7. A good quality finds bag with hidden compartment to but your gold in.
2. Popeye like arms to swing it in the surf.
3. Magnified glass to inspect for sand on O-ring and groove after each hunt.
4. Can of air to blow sand out groove.
5. Extra O-rings.
6. Lots of duck tape to keep lower shaft from moving. Cam lock will wear out.
7. A good quality finds bag with hidden compartment to but your gold in.
Upvote
0
now that I read that maybe ill save a grand and go for something else.....sooo many choices
....I don't know Ron....DiamondR is 6'3" 275lbs, works construction by trade. Not only this, but if there is one guy on my area beaches that I don't want to hunt behind, well, he's that guy....I wish I've found as much gold as he has and he's been without a machine a great deal of the time. Having said that, I know of about 5 CTX users that hunt my area beaches and all of them have had issues, even the same cam-lock issue. I'm convinced it's simply a matter of the rougher seas here as all of these guys routinely introduce their machines to some pretty rough conditions. You'd just have to hunt these beaches for a while to understand....there is nearly always a stiff current and chest/head-high breaking surf...very rarely do we see flat/calm seas. I've grown to love it and hate it. I love it because the beach/sand is always changing. I've grown to hate it because the water hunting is seldom relaxing and easy....I got blown completely off two targets today and I was only waist deep, the second time it nearly put me down. On this coast you simply need a true water machine if water hunting is your thing. I have no doubt that the 3030 is a good beach & water machine - but not here or in anyplace like here. When they first came out and I finally saw a picture of one there was no doubt in my mind that increased drag would be an issue here. I also think these same type harsher conditions are also responsible for most of the other 3030 issues as well. When you say "water machine - good to 10 feet" it better be designed to take a real beating because a lot of hunters are going to introduce that machine to some really harsh and punishing shallow water conditions. I think because of this it's simply a matter of an engineering oversight that I'm sure they're already hard at work trying to correct.






