7 Silver Day at Bixby Park, LB....

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

Darn, I was typing a very detailed post for my finds today, and my internet explorer crashed and I lost the whole thing. Well, I guess I'll keep it short.

Best Day Ever at Bixby Park in LB. I still can't believe what I did today. For those who have detected this park before, you know how difficult it is to find silver here. It definitely was "divine intervention". The detecting gods were with me every step of the way.... I think they were burying old coins in front of me, and I was just digging them out of the ground... ;D

Total oldies today:

6 Mercs: '19, '25, '28(2), '43, '45 (The '19 & '28 mercs were in the same hole. Love those multiple silvers!)
1 Rosie: '51
18 Wheaties (holy crap, that's more wheats than I had on a full day hunt there last month): '16s, '17s, '20, '21, '25D, '26, '29(2), '30
'37S(2), '39S, '42S(2), '46S, '50S, '51, '52

Machine: Explorer SE
Coil used: Coiltek Platypus Elliptical
Sens. 25
Gain: 7
Recovery: FAST
CONDUCT mode

HH,
CAPTN "SE"
Dan

Attachments

• Bixby7silver (600 x 666).jpg
    Bixby7silver (600 x 666).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 540
Upvote 0
Way to go Capn ! I'm looking forward to trying the settings you've been so kind to tell me about. I have just the 2 places in mind that I've already gone over (with my previous habits) . Keep em coming !

Good haul there. I have yet to get two silver in one hole. Two mercs would be very sweet. ;D ;D

Captn_SE said:
Darn, I was typing a very detailed post for my finds today, and my internet explorer crashed and I lost the whole thing. Well, I guess I'll keep it short.

HH,
CAPTN "SE"
Dan

Has happen to me - I now type my posts in Word first and then just copy and paste.

Bob

Rats! I visited Long Beach and went to the Queen Mary; I should have been out finding all that silver! Good day!

Ahoy Capt,

Leave some in the ground for me! My sister-in-law lives a few blocks from the park. We take the kids there when we visit from the other coast.

Nice hunting!

DCMatt

Way to SNIFF em out Captn.
Very nice finds and congratulations on finding-
What others before you only wish they could.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back