# 700 silver, lifetime.....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few hunts this week, picked up 1923 and 1945 Merc.'s, then a 1944 Rosie and 1944 Merc., and finally today 1930 Buffalo nickel, 1901 Indianhead and a 1898 Barber dime.. The Barber dime today, set a few personal goals for me..

The Barber was my 75th Barber coin Lifetime

The Barber was also my 700 th 90 % silver coin found in my Lifetime...

I have been detecting, for 28 years, but, some years, a lot more detecting than others.. As a NY country boy, we only get to detect about 8 months a year. I love the way detecting, relieves the stress of dealing with my wife's Alzheimer's. Happy Easter and Happy Hunting everyone..

20170412_150217.jpg20170410_180219.jpg20170414_162731.jpg

Upvote 37
Wow, 700, that is truly amazing! Keep on relaying, but leave a few for the rest of us!

Great coins! Congrats. ~Lisa & John

Congrats! What an accomplishment! At the rate I am going I should hit 700 silver coins in just over 58 years😁

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

detectorben, 58 more years, that wouldn't be a bad thing... lol all you have to do is have a couple good years, on a new place. One year, I dug 94 silvers and didn't really go out that much.. Good luck to you....

Last edited:
Congratulations on the 700 silver! So, out of those 700, do you have a single favourite silver coin?

The other day I dug my 299th silver coin since 2010. Hopefully my 300th is something nice like your Barber!

J. Cache, your on a faster pace, then mine to reach 700... great start..

As far as a favorite... I guess my 4 Barber Half dollars...

J. Cache, your on a faster pace, then mine to reach 700... great start..

As far as a favorite... I guess my 4 Barber Half dollars...

Mmm delicious Barber halves, no doubt those are at the top of your list

WOW... 700 silver coins. What an achievement. As I listen to my talk radio programs, they're trying to get suckers to buy silver :laughing7:.

Basssmann your thread just didn't hit close to home but right in my living room. Detecting has always been an
escape for me from life's pressures. But now with this debilitating decease (Alzheimer's) that has invaded my family
detecting has relieved some of the stress.
Basssmann I hope you add a lot more silver to your incredible 700 coins and next time I find a silver coin I'll be
thinking of you .

T M

Quite the milestone
Congrats

Congratualtions on the big 700! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back