What's new

8/16 Variety Box

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
Got my box today.

Saw silver on one end. Woohoo!!!

Opened it up, and lo and behold in addition to the single 40% half, there were two proofs staring at me! One a 2001, the other a 2002!

Got home, ate dinner, sat down.

Turned out to be a decent variety box, not as good as some I have had, but pretty good nonetheless.

Ben - 1949, 1961-D, 1963-D (in REALLY nice shape):
4qplstt.jpg

Then, by searching the edges, I got the following:

(1) 1964
(2) 1964-D
(6) 1967
(5) 1968-D
(3) 1969-D

Also, it is quite obvious someone loosed a large flock of proofs upon the Federal Reserve System.

My total for Proofs was (1) 2001-S and (4) 2002-S.

Here is a group photo:
4km4r4l.jpg


Then, during the lengthy part of my search as I went through the dates, I found two fairly abused proofs. (1) 1972-s, and (1) 2000-s:
4t9lter.jpg


That is it for this week.

Onward to next week!
;D
 
Upvote 0
MalteseFalcon said:
Turned out to be a decent variety box

WTG there MF, but 27 keepers from one box of halves is "more than decent". Don't let the posts of "tremendous hauls" sway your thinking. The skunks greatly outweigh these "solid rolls of silver" type finds and as I've stated before anything over a 1% keeper rate (10 from a full box) should be considered a very good day. IMHO

Again, kudos on your finds; nicely done.
 
I agree.....very good box MF. Congrats!!

Silver showing on the ends always excites me.
 
Nice going MF and great ratio. You've got more patience than most of us. I would have placed dinner on hold and looked at the coins first, but I have a serious addiction to this hobby!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom