Irrelevant, I zeroed out the scale.How much does the jar weigh?
One inch.Looks like paprika flavored garlic. The volume seems incredible for the claimed weight. What is the diameter of that vial?
Classified, magnet-cleared, and panned down over two seasons.

Thank you, thank you! I did put a lot of work into it. It was a big learning experience, but I think I’ve got the hang of it.There's a whole lot of work in that little bottle...well done!
And...welcome to the site..![]()
Thank you ☺️ I was starting to feel pretty frustrated because I posted a couple other places and it seems no one believes it’s gold. I spent so many hours separating this, never mind the work in the river.Too many folks think of only nuggets when the hear the word gold. The vast majority of gold mined looks exactly like the vial once separated but unrefined. If you're ever in the area, go to the Black Hills Museum (323 W Main St, (on US Highway 85), Lead, SD 57754). You'll see gold in colors that are far from most folks can think about.
I plan on melting some once I have more. I have a lot of sand to pan and re pan.Flour gold can get very fluffy, as can flake. Insane seeing it melt into a tiny bead.
How about clueing us in on what equipment you used to collect your concentrates and the general location of where you were mining. It looks like gold I've collected from Oregon and Washington ocean beach sand.Classified, magnet-cleared, and panned down over two seasons.
View attachment 2260314View attachment 2260315
Idaho! I think I’ll do some panning in Oregon next month.How about clueing us in on what equipment you used to collect your concentrates and the general location of where you were mining. It looks like gold I've collected from Oregon and Washington ocean beach sand.
Good luck.
Are you panning down to black sand in the field or are you not near a water source? Production panning is an overall time saver and a very efficient way to concentrate in the field and, it can be done with only minimal preclassifying.Idaho! I think I’ll do some panning in Oregon next month.
As far as equipment goes, just pans. Dug, classified, panned down to black sand, cleared it with a magnet at home, and lots of panning in a tub.
I’m looking into what equipment I should get next. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, this stuff is so fine. It’s a very tedious job and I have a lot of sand to clean.
I use all three of these in my sluices, fine gold like them !!Idaho! I think I’ll do some panning in Oregon next month.
As far as equipment goes, just pans. Dug, classified, panned down to black sand, cleared it with a magnet at home, and lots of panning in a tub.
I’m looking into what equipment I should get next. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, this stuff is so fine. It’s a very tedious job and I have a lot of sand to clean.
Thank you! ✨I use all three of these in my sluices, fine gold like them !!
![]()
Motherlode Mat | Sluice Mat | Gold Hog
The Motherlode Mat is quickly becoming the industry’s #1 mat for SUPER FINE gold. Available as full mat to cut to fit or pre-cut strips.goldhog.com
![]()
Bedrock 2.0 Mat – Gold Hog
The Bedrock mat is NOT a primary sluice mat. It is the smoothest running of all our mats and should be used as a finishing mat near the end of a sluice. It likes fast water and does a great job on super fine gold.goldhog.com
![]()
UR Mat | Sluice Mat | Gold Hog
The UR mat has ZERO flow interruption and only processes the BED LOAD of the slurry.goldhog.com
Is that snake river gold then? I feel your pain on seperating that!Idaho! I think I’ll do some panning in Oregon next month.