8 more silvers, and a silver first for me from the new site WOOHOO!!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I went back out to my newest site yesterday for 4 hours. This is the site that produced 17 silvers last Tuesday.

I'm still covering the same small grassy areas that I've already covered, as there are still so many detections. I started off finding a few wheat cents again, and thought I had another wheat cent as my E-Trac was giving me a 43/44 on the conductivity reading. Most of the wheaties I've been finding there are in the 43/44 range, sometimes even bouncing to 45 and fooling me. So I proceeded to dig, and about 4 inches down, out pops a gray disk with a familiar image of a lady standing in the middle of it :o :o :o :o Holy Cow!!! Rechecking the hole gave me another solid signal which turned out to be a wheat cent. Maybe the reason why I didn't get a strong silver signal from the quarter - must have been mixed with the wheatie. My first ever standing liberty quarter in over 30 years of detecting!!!! Too bad it is so worn that I can't read any date, but still a huge goal of mine now met!

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

I could have found pull tabs the rest of the day and I would have left a happy man. But only a few pulltabs came from the ground this day. The rest of the hunt was terrific, with merc, rosies, buffalo nickels, war nickels, 47 wheat cents, and a very cool play coin. I gotta tell you, I'm tired of digging wheat cents :-[ There are so many there that I don't even take time to try reading the dates on them until after I get home. I just toss them into the find bag as fast as they pop out of the ground.

Here is the whole shooting match:

IMG_1293.jpg

And here is the goodies pile:

IMG_1295.jpg

Goodies cleaned up:

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

The buffalo nickels came from the same hole. One is a 1919 and the other is a 1920:

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

And here is that neat play coin - does anyone know how old this might be? I'm guessing 50's or 60's:

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

Thanks for looking, and have a great hunt next time you're out!!!

Jim

Upvote 0
Hi Jim,
WOW!!! that is some GREAT finds.
~Audiz~

Got some nice silver there. Congrats......

U R on a rush !! like in poker!! I know the feeling !! GREAT! FINDS! :thumbsup: Thanks for posting!

Keep pounding that place,I bet you will find some more SILVER before you are done.
Congrats on a lot of nice coins,to bad the SLQ is dateless at least you know that it
is a "D" mintmark.

fortbball9

Congrats on all your finds. You got a good hunting spot maybe more SLQ's around there.

awesome coins, just keep digging!

I'm quite jealous as I've never had such a prolific spot to hunt, but I'm glad you found it.
Does any one know what the "->U<-" stand for after STERLING on the above ring? hh blue

WTG time4me... You are killing the wilvers... Sure am glad to see it.
Below is some information on the play coin you found... Yours is listed as an R4 for rarity...

HH Robert

Attachments

• TRANSOGRAM.JPG
    TRANSOGRAM.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 592
I love that stuff! You are really doing a great job! Love the ring (of course ::)) and the play coin. Fantastic!! :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon

Bertman said:
WTG time4me... You are killing the wilvers... Sure am glad to see it.
Below is some information on the play coin you found... Yours is listed as an R4 for rarity...

HH Robert

Thanks Robert, for the info on the play coin! Holy cow, I don't think I've ever found anything that rare before. Only 200 to 500 estimated to exist??? That is so cool! It feels like plastic, but it gives me a low tone on my E-Trac, which is how I detected it. It was about 3 inches deep. The info you posted says that it is heavily silver plated plastic.

Sure found a great spot. Thats every M.D'ers dream is a hot site. I'm going out in the morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back