What's new

8" or 10 1/2" Coil on Tiger Shark

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I am trying to come up with some money for a Tiger Shark. Do ya'll recommend the 8 inch coil or 10 1/2 inch coil and why? Thanks Steve
 
I will be using it mostly at local freshwater swimming holes. Most have nice sandy bottom. Sometimes it will be used in local rivers. Most are rocky bottoms with mud. Very rarely would it be used on an east coast saltwater beach. Thanks
 
I like the 8" coil, it is cheaper to purchase (always a plus) and most of your freshwater swimming holes aren't that big, not like an open ocean beach where you need to cover a lot of ground. 8" coil swings easier.

Just my personal preference, I swing a Stingray II in freshwater.
 
10" coil is what I have. My thinking is that you are gonna scoop all targets. With this being the case, the bigger coil is deeper and has more coverage. I am glad I have the 10". Target separation is a mute point, if the detector beeps, you scoop.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom