What's new

$80 in handrolls =

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by a local bank that I hadn't hit in a while and asked for halves. To my surprise they said hey had some so I bought all I could ($310). They went in the back and came back out with my rolls. The teller said they got a $1000 bag in and rolled them themselves, I asked whether or not they noticed any older coins while rolling them up and got blank stares LOL they had no idea what I was talking about. As I got ready to leave one of the tellers said to the other you should of sold him these here, a customer brought these in the other day. I asked if I could exchange some of what I just bought for the customer rolls. I made the exchange and went out to the truck. I opened the first of the customer rolls and saw Mr Franklin looking at me from the end! WOOHOOO! That roll had two 40%ers besides the Benjamin and the other 7 rolls had at least one 40%er or a proof coin! All in all I found a 1981 and 1982 proof, one benjamin and 7 40%ers. Not a bad lunch hour!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom