Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the cost of one year of fighting breast cancer.

I ran into my friend who buys my soaps for her business. Last Aug. she stopped cause she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had chemo, surgeries, reconstructive surgeries etc. and she said the total for 1 year was $817,000.

I almost fell over. We kept in touch thru emails and she recovered well and is cancer free....ran into her at the store and she looks great.

but that cost.....

just blew my mind.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
my elbow felt funny,i banged it hard.no insur. went to a local place...10 minutes later they demand $175 payment ???

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how in the heck do people survive these bills?

truly

if 'some big medical problem' hits you how do you get by cause these nubmers are not small for most people...yikes

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you do it for the rest of your life

that is staggering!

well that is better than the alternative I know! :)

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
There is a fungus with profound implications for breast cancers: Flammulina velutipes. In Japan, this is called enokitake or enoki. In the US it is known as Velvet Foot. A common, edible fungus. In Japan where it is commonly cultivated, the World Health Organization has found the lowest incidence of breast cancer anywhere in the world. What is not sold they eat themselves. A 6-ounce package in my local Korean food store costs as low as 99 cents up to $2.50. Suggested dosage is 1 sporocarp (mushroom) per day, and 6 ounces has several hundred of them. Active ingredient called flammulin, and effective dosage is measured in micrograms/kilogram of body weight. In other words, a daily dosage would fit on the head of a pin.

Another fungus which lives inside the bark and cambium layer of the Pacific yew tree produces tamoxifen. Pacific yew is toxic. Tamoxifen produced from Pacific yew may be toxic because of where it grows.

Flammulina velutipes is not known to be toxic.

Several years ago I met Dr. Andrew Weil at a truffle forage at my parents' farm. Dr. Weil found his first truffle at that forage. Dr. Weil has stated that "80 percent of all prescriptions written in the United States are, at best, counterindicated..." I understood this to mean the prescriptions are for treating symptoms, but not the root cause of an illness. Dr. Weil has written extensively about fungi and their health benefits.

Paul Stamets has an expensive but valuable book "Growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms", which documents the value of Flammulina velutipes, and gives medical citations in an extensive bibliography. Dr. Denis R. Benjamin also has valuable information in "Mushrooms: Poisons and Panaceas."

Recently a dear friend of mine who just turned 90 was diagnosed with breast cancer. I immediately bought a package of enokitake for her.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thanks, texastee2007. I knew about that.

Did you know that matsutake (Tricholoma magnivelare) also seems to regulate blood sugars? As does cinnamon? Did you know the active ingredient in matsutake is what gives matsutake the characteristic "cinnamon red hots" aroma?

Personally, I like eating matsutake more than maitake. And as maitake is very rare in the PNW, I really like finding matsutake MUCH more.<G>

Maitake (Grifola frondosa) is relatively difficult to grow as mushrooms go. Many have tried to cultivate it, only a few are consistently successful.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
yea when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer at 35 he only lived 4 months when he passed my stepmom had to file bankruptcy and lost everything! My grandad was also diagnosed with a rare blood cancer 3 years after my dad passed and his turned into leukemia (they say blood cancers are common in the elderly) he passed away 8 months after being diagnosed! What do i think about chemo? shall i save this for another topic?

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
dallgire said:
yea when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer at 35 he only lived 4 months when he passed my stepmom had to file bankruptcy and lost everything! My grandad was also diagnosed with a rare blood cancer 3 years after my dad passed and his turned into leukemia (they say blood cancers are common in the elderly) he passed away 8 months after being diagnosed! What do i think about chemo? shall i save this for another topic?
I don't think this is off-topic for the title.<G>

Sorry to learn of your dad and stepdad.

Sock it to us!

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Tuberale said:
dallgire said:

Sock it to us!

You are saying this is off topic? :icon_scratch:
I was just trying to say how expensive it is with any cancer.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
dallgire said:
Tuberale said:
dallgire said:

Sock it to us!

You are saying this is off topic? :icon_scratch:
I was just trying to say how expensive it is with any cancer.
No. I'm saying I'd like to hear "What do I think about chemo?", and that it would be on-topic for this subject.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
I think the treatment is bull*hit!
My dad was diagnosed at 35 and was told he could have had the cancer for 5 years prior to being diagnosed. Once he was put on the treatment he rapidly lost weight couldnt get out of bed he sh*t and pissed on himself because he couldnt get up and no one got there in time! He died after 4 months of treatment but lived for 5 years without it! I think chemo speeds up the cancer and spreads it to other parts of the body..... Watching someone die right in front of you gasping for air was one of the hardest things i have ever witnessed! And i do believe the CTCA could have done more for him. Chemo is a poison and it is unnatural and deadly. just my personal opinion!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'll share a personal experience with my next-door neighbor from 8 years ago.

He came over one day and said he just found out he had cancer. His doctor suggested radiation therapy. He had just had his first treatment and felt fine, he said.

He died early the next morning.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
see thats what im saying! I personally dont have anything against radiation the worst i have seen from that is bad sores. But obviously that amount of radiation weekly or several times a week can not be a good thing! But that is terrible about your neighbor so sorry to hear!

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Google for Warburg Effect. Warburg discovered nearly 90 years ago, that most cancer gets its nutrition from glucose in the blood. There are diets, such as Atkins or Taube, which dramatically lower glucose in the blood. Yet, we go on year after year being told to eat a diet high in carbs.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
texastee2007 said:
piegrande said:
Google for Warburg Effect. Warburg discovered nearly 90 years ago, that most cancer gets its nutrition from glucose in the blood. There are diets, such as Atkins or Taube, which dramatically lower glucose in the blood. Yet, we go on year after year being told to eat a diet high in carbs.

It also make a big difference how simple or complex those carbs are....what kind of insulin reaction it causes. You are right that cancer is a sugar lover...and when you eat a little sugar it often begs you to send in more. It is that High l o w you feel.

Amen to that. In my case I am hypoglycemic, passed out the first time in 1958 after eating a 1/4 pound Babe Ruth with my lunch. As I have gotten older, I have got more sensitive. I was up to 220 pounds, and was pre-diabetic. Just yesterday, I touched 180, and my b.p. is around 105/68. At 69, I can carry 110 pound bags of cement in, but not too many of them. My feet don't hurt as much at 180, heh,, heh.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is terrible my wife had breast cancer and we lost everything because of the bills. Lost out saving, home, car and truck. Could not get help from anyone. It is the worst disease that anyone could get........Matt

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
dallgire said:
see thats what im saying! I personally dont have anything against radiation the worst i have seen from that is bad sores. But obviously that amount of radiation weekly or several times a week can not be a good thing! But that is terrible about your neighbor so sorry to hear!
This was from a single treatment, not multiple treatments. He went in for his first (and only) radiation treatment immediately after being diagnosed with lung cancer. Had smoked for 60+ years.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm normally the happy, joking, jovial type on this site, but, when I saw this post the anger in me flared up. The price of staying alive, heck, even just healthy in this country is O-B-S-C-E-N-E :help: Everyone from the doctors to the hospitals, the HMO's to the politicians should be ashamed of themselves. How did it come to this?!?!

Watch the Michael Moore documentary 'Sicko'. 3rd world countries have better health care than the good ol' US of A. We should be proud :spam4: :sign10:

Ever hear the term 'price gouging'? It's when a business takes advantage of needy people at an extremely trying or catastrophic time by exorbitantly raising the prices for goods and/or services. Think $100 for a bottle of water for someone stranded in the desert, charging somebody $500 to change a flat tire after breaking down at night in a bad part of town, etc. Sound familiar? It's HIGHLY illegal :sign13: What good is beating cancer or any other disease if it means spending the rest of your life in the poor house?!

Wake up citizens :coffee2: Educate yourselves :coffee2: We have the power to do away with all of this nonsense. If poor, uneducated people overseas have the might, sacrifice & dedication to overthrow their dictators, imagine what could be accomplished here :sign13:

Any system that charges a sick woman $817,000 to HELP her get better is severely broken. I'm no college professor, but, this doesn't sound like 'help' to me...more like highway robbery.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gals & Guys. bigo footo, go to --> http://brixman.com/REAMS/hypoglycemia.htm

As for cancer using the approved normal treatments - surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy - the remission rate, not the "cure " is about 2 - 5 %, The Cesium Chloride treatment runs to about 80 - 90+ % "cure", and costs approx $120 + US dollars.

I used both of the above to "cure my terminal cancers. Now 8 years with absolutely no symptoms, despite recently undergoing a 3 day intensive effort to find any cancer in my body.

I have passed on this information to others, who have had excellent success also

The most difficult part of my treatment was being a 'former' pre med student, I had to discard my built in factor of thinking of medical doctors as sitting on the right hand side of God and as being of extremely high intelligence, dedicated to helping humanity rather than paying off their exorbitant medical school costs and operating expenses.

In other words, "who am 'I' to go against the establishment of supposedly the best trained authorities on cancer treatment" ?. It is a huge barrier which has been carefully cultivated.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread