What's new

8ft to 12 ft Seas predicted for Treasure Coast, FL

Au_Dreamers

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
989
Reaction score
671
Golden Thread
0
Location
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The surfer web sites are predicting 30 knot+ winds tonight and seas getting to 8ft around Ft Pierce with 12ft near Sebastain in the next few days. The beaches are already cutting!

Find some treasure! HH
 
Upvote 0
Remember if wading the surf, watch out for riptides. Be safe. :coffee2:
 
Looks like this one might be steady enough to move enough sand to do some good. :thumbsup:
 
Some guys were out there this afternoon in the incredible wind and waves!!!! I'm waiting until tomorrow and Mon. I'm a brand new detector, have a new Garrett, and am going to get my first gold!!!!! (Gotta be positive!!) The surf here was incredibly high and rough--cutting all the way back to old sand. Maybe I'll be lucky. Any suggestions for me??
 
Good luck everyone and please post your finds!!! :hello2:

I'm drooling!!!

Aaron
 
Its blowing over here like crazy. It might blow for another 4-5 days. Depends on what happens with the storm down South.
 
Agypsea said:
Some guys were out there this afternoon in the incredible wind and waves!!!! I'm waiting until tomorrow and Mon. I'm a brand new detector, have a new Garrett, and am going to get my first gold!!!!! (Gotta be positive!!) The surf here was incredibly high and rough--cutting all the way back to old sand. Maybe I'll be lucky. Any suggestions for me??

If you're in the Disney area keep an eye out for green "glass"- Emeralds
 
ok when will be the best time to hunt during or after the storm? Sunday 8' waves Monday6' and Tuesday 2' what would be the best time? Fairly new to water hunting have just 9 months of practice. ???
 
Someone please get some pictures of the beaches Please :notworthy:

Also some pictures of TREASURE would be great too :icon_pirat:

Happy and SAFE Hunting,
Aaron
 
Just spent some time over at the beach here in New Smyrna, (forgot my camera) just some minor erosion so far from what I could tell. A few cuts starting to form here and there but nothing to get too excited about. Going to wait and see what the next 24hrs brings. :dontknow:
 
Martin county..rough! seas, strong wind/spray,,just plain nasty. Bathtub beach is closed.
 
sandnut said:
ok when will be the best time to hunt during or after the storm? Sunday 8' waves Monday6' and Tuesday 2' what would be the best time? Fairly new to water hunting have just 9 months of practice. ???

The falling tide. High tide will cover the beach with more water so as the tide is falling is when you'll have the water removing sand. You also get dune erosion so it's a matter of timing. Just keep a look out for the water with one eye.

This web site is awesome for information. One could/should spend days reading all the great stuff there. Explanations with pictures!

http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

HH all - be safe!
 
Started in Ft. pierce about 9 a.m. and worked our way to chucks steak house. No erosion - the waves are hitting the beach from the east. The waves seem to be pulling all the renourishment sand down closer to the surf.
Guess I should say "pulling all the tax payers money closer to the surf"
Ended up with a bunch of clad, and some other junk.
 
Here's a few pics of the local beach today. The man in the picture is about 6' 2" to give you a rough idea of the waves. I was looking slightly down so they're actually a little bigger then they appear in the picture.

The second picture is looking up the coast. It was taken at flat low tide. You can see the ripples left in the upper sand and the line of weeds clear up to the upper dunes. From what I could tell, best guess, some areas have lost about a foot, maybe a foot and a half, of sand. The cuts that are forming, from what I could tell with all the high water, are running about a foot to a couple of feet deep. If the current conditions hold out through the night the next high tide should remove even more sand. As it is right now, very small amount of erosion.

PS: I didn't reduce the size of the pics because the detail in them is rather poor already.
 

Attachments

  • sixx.webp
    sixx.webp
    7 KB · Views: 357
  • sixxx.webp
    sixxx.webp
    102 KB · Views: 363
not good up here!!!!(cocoa beach area) waves hitting directly from the east bringing in lots of seaweed and light material. sampled three spots today and all were very mushy, new sand building up.
hope some of you got some good erosion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom