9 days, 2 - 3 hours each day, MDing with my Radio Shack

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I have been saving up. This is my first post of finds. I have not been serious about MDing until I decided to bring my Radio Shack MD along with me to a short term job at the beach. My wife stayed at home for nine days before she came. During that time I had evenings to do what I wanted. 2 - 3 hours each evening MDing on two beaches in the dry sand produced $34.14 in change (nothing old), 1-gold ring, (initials are LACG, Google says LouisianA Compulsive Gamblers org.) 1-silver ring, 1-heavily tarnished heart locket, 1-silver colored sand dollar ear ring, 1-Colt Police Task Force pocket knife, 2-metal buttons and 1-Sacagawea GOLD (clad) dollar. My first GOLD coin ;D. The RS will not do wet sand or water, and I was so excited about my finds in the dry sand that I bought a Tesoro Tiger Shark to do wet sand and water. I have had the TS out twice now and am still getting use to the very different ID method. I have only found $0.44 and 1-junk ring in the wet sand and water, but I have made some discoveries: 1. The TS responded to my gold chain that the RS did not see. 2. The TS found a penny in the yard when I was trying it out that the RS could not see because of masking of adjacent iron that was being discriminated out. 3. The majority of the people were sun bathing on the beach or playing volley ball and were not in the water. You can't find stuff where it isn't lost :-\ I haven't given up my water hunt and I am having a great time. Happy Hunting!!

Attachments

• P1020219.jpg
    P1020219.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 977
  • P1020227.jpg
    P1020227.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 974
  • P1020222.jpg
    P1020222.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 955
Upvote 3

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Goes to show you don't have to have a thousand dollar etector to find "stuff". Monty

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You are really cleaning up, great job,
love the rings, go find more...lol.
Best of luck to you, thanks for the great pics!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness Peter!!! Awesome! :o

Looka all those keepers!

Wow! Congrats!

;)

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
My God! Just think what you would have found with a decent detector! Really just kidding,you go detecting with the detector you have and not with what is needed (D.Rumsfeld) Great finds,the main thing is getting out and detecting

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
P,

nice finds.

Radio Shack, that is interesting.

Take your time and know what the machine
is doing and they all will produce.

You done good.

have a good un.............

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds and looks like your addicted to metal detecting now.....Good luck , and happy hunting! 8)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
GO RADIO SHACK!!!!!!!!! As a fellow RS user....I'm glad to see someone else posting on here as well. Mine does not have a problem with wet sand though. I can hunt with the best of em and didn't have to spend a bundle to do it!! ;D Great finds man!!!!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you petersra, those beach rakes don't get it all. You did pretty good. Nice finds.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold, silver and other nice finds! HH, Mike

S

southbound

Congrats on the gold and silver!!! The coins are nice too.
What beach are you detecting in S.C. ?
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions