What's new

90 injuns-silver wheats-1849 Large: $10? Sold!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The lady I bought these coins from would have sold them face value! She'd already sold the silver, all she has left are 'silver dollars', (Ikes), and lots of Sacagawia's. And 91 indians. And 4 steel cents. And a '49 Large. I offered her a 10 spot, otherwise she would have sold me 100 wheats, 91 injuns and a large for $1.90 and some. FFD
 

Attachments

  • 042709.webp
    042709.webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 042709b.webp
    042709b.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 042709 silver.webp
    042709 silver.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0
i have thought about running an ad in the newspapers that i will buy silver coins. i wonder if it would help? anyone else ever done it?
 
I ran two ads in two different papers for 2 weeks, and I eneded up getting ONE call..........pretty sad. The cost of the ads put me in the hole. I think craig's list works way better, and it is freee!
 
Goes4ever said:
I ran two ads in two different papers for 2 weeks, and I eneded up getting ONE call..........pretty sad. The cost of the ads put me in the hole. I think craig's list works way better, and it is freee!
Yep, lots of competition from what I've seen on CL, 11 X face offered in my area, then, where are you going to meet for the sale? In puuubliiic?, your home address? FFD
 
Fistfulladirt said:
Goes4ever said:
I ran two ads in two different papers for 2 weeks, and I eneded up getting ONE call..........pretty sad. The cost of the ads put me in the hole. I think craig's list works way better, and it is freee!
Yep, lots of competition from what I've seen on CL, 11 X face offered in my area, then, where are you going to meet for the sale? In puuubliiic?, your home address? FFD
on craigs list when people contact me, I meet them at a fast food resturant or something similar, and i do not go alone, I take someone with me. No problems so far
 
Not a bad idea. As soon as finals are over next week, it's back to some hardcore crh and posting ads! :tongue3:
 
Fistfulladirt said:
Goes4ever said:
I ran two ads in two different papers for 2 weeks, and I eneded up getting ONE call..........pretty sad. The cost of the ads put me in the hole. I think craig's list works way better, and it is freee!
Yep, lots of competition from what I've seen on CL, 11 X face offered in my area, then, where are you going to meet for the sale? In puuubliiic?, your home address? FFD


Anyone paying 11X face for junk silver is not getting a good deal in my opinioin. That is almost a dollar over spot per half dollar coin. At that price you can get a better deal on .999 bullion.

If you are gonna buy from joe public better to offer a deal where you, the buyer, comes out way ahead.

Jim
 
exactly, I NEVER rediculous prices like that! If I can't buy it cheap, I do not buy it
 
Goes4ever said:
exactly, I NEVER rediculous prices like that! If I can't buy it cheap, I do not buy it
That's why you will never get any calls.....the person offering 11 X face is a collector, and will usually outbid everyone. I'm a collector also and might go to 11 times face.
 
Fistfulladirt said:
Goes4ever said:
exactly, I NEVER rediculous prices like that! If I can't buy it cheap, I do not buy it
That's why you will never get any calls.....the person offering 11 X face is a collector, and will usually outbid everyone. I'm a collector also and might go to 11 times face.
I said I NEVER got calls from my newspaper ads........I DO get calls from my craigslist ads!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom