.925 Silver

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone encountered a piece of silver jewelry stamped 1000? I recently found a bracelet marked 1000 and believe it to be made of "Pure" silver, it is very bendable, and found very similar examples on the internet, also stamped 1000, but no country of origin? I realize Fine silver is 99.9, but the 1000 might be customary from whatever country it originated from? Any thoughts or infro?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will help show what I found... when you are on the Home page for this website, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "World Silver Standards" located in the "Other Onsite Resources" section.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply SD, I did find that site earlier, all things considered, I will say that I detected a "First" for me, a "99.9" percent silver bracelet. Again Thank you SD, not a whole lot on the web in regards to a 1000 stamp. The only other that was interesting was that when I typed in "Silver bracelet marked 1000", pictures came up for "Images for silver bracelet marked 1000" and the 2nd picture is a bracelet of the same type & style, just a little different, but no further information.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread