999,999 Rifles , 1,000,000,000 cartridges & 1,200 Machine Guns between Philly & N.Y.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
999,999 Rifles , 1,000,000,000 cartridges & 1,200 Machine Guns between Philly & N.Y.

I never heard of this "Fantastic" Tale before.
I have no Idea on it.

Posted here for your perusal.

The sun. (New York [N.Y.]), 16 May 1918.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

continued here

The sun. (New York [N.Y.]) 1916-1920, May 16, 1918, Page 16, Image 16 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sounds like a "peaky blinders" british show about british mobsters selling guns to the "white Russians" ..the british govt wanted to assist the white Russians but also wanted to be seen as not taking sides --so they used mobsters to steal the arms from the gun factory and "black market" sell them to the white Russians --to politically keep their hands clean if the whites were to lose to the reds....

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW,,,
A MILLION rifles ,,,,,
"lost" or "stolen",,,maybe misplaced?
I think I might look for some other info on this one. Never have I heard this story.
You strike another home run Jeff for this article.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, salesmen providing nothing but factual information.

They are out there, start digging!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently it was believable enough to spark serious investigations.
add to that I'm sure it was allot easier to get all that in,
then it was to Move it around or get it back out once the word Leaked.

So Yes I'm believing there was at least a Serious Store of weaponry
somewhere in the area. possibly in concrete bunkers for protection from the elements .

I wonder if this is a connection or even stash site maybe ?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/r...d-old-swastika-u-s-welcome-nazi-camp-usa.html

the smart thing to do once the investigations Blew over, the war Ended,
and political paranoia relaxed. would have been to Build the Camp on top of the Bunkers

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
lots of guns around in WW1 era -- the reds and white Russians were both buying arms to fight one another with vast sums of money and arms traded hands not always legally either --as many govts " officially" did not want to become involved in another countries civil war --but "unofficially" they were very involved -- the us govt even sent troops to assist the white Russian govt at archangel... (not that well known bit of history)

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of weapons and other "caches",,
NOT to derail this specific thread but on the same topic.
Has anyone ever noticed way up in the Aleutian Islands,, on most of the uninhabited islands.
There ARE huge bunkers,,,all overgrown and probably unmolested.
I would stake that there is quite the collection of cached items there in those bunkers.
You used to be able to see the half buried "bunkers" that were scattered all over the smaller Aleutians.
I haven't looked for them there in a while though.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a "peaky blinders" british show about british mobsters selling guns to the "white Russians" ..the british govt wanted to assist the white Russians but also wanted to be seen as not taking sides --so they used mobsters to steal the arms from the gun factory and "black market" sell them to the white Russians --to politically keep their hands clean if the whites were to lose to the reds....

It wasn't just mobsters either. I read somewhere here some large corporations and British and American business interests may have been involved through a 3rd party source in Sweden.

Mal

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
during WW2 the Japanese invaded the Alaskan islands .. the only part of America invaded during the war was the Alaskan islands and the Phillipines ... those bunkers could be either American --or Japanese depending upon where their at

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions