What's new

9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

I have the week off so thought I would go out today-Thursday and start as soon as doors to bank opens (9am here, which seems really late to me) until 5pm when they lock the lobby doors. I have always had 1k to do this hobby, but most weeks, I make multiple drops, so that 1k usually comes out to around 5k per week. I had 2 boxes of halves to pick up and was going to spend the rest of the days on dimes as I can always get boxes at most any bank I stop at. Surprisingly there was another bank that had $900 in halves and yet another with $130. So total, I went through just over 2k in halves and the rest of day was all dimes. I really do not remember the exact amount I went through as I dumped at several banks through out the day and refilled at others. I figure it was close to 5k by the time I made my last stop.

Halves - - 13 Total - - 1 90% (64), 11 40% and 1 2000 Proof

Dimes - - 17 Total - - 15 Rosies and 2 Mercury's. Thought I had a silver Canadian (68) but it failed the magnet test.

The high point of the day was the 2 Mercury Dimes. I have gone heavy on the dimes in past few months and have found 3 before today - so to find 2 in one day was really amazing.

The nice thing about where I live is the amount of banks. You can drive 5 minutes any direction and run into a bank, so I was able to stay near my home and not waste lots of gas doing a road trip. I will be back out there tomorrow to do it all over again as well as Wednesday and Thursday. I have a total of 8 more boxes of halves to pick up a different banks so am hoping to see some more 90%'s.
 

Attachments

  • 435816127_o.webp
    435816127_o.webp
    89.6 KB · Views: 451
  • 435816733_o.webp
    435816733_o.webp
    124 KB · Views: 443
  • 435816987_o.webp
    435816987_o.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 472
  • 435817132_o.webp
    435817132_o.webp
    130.8 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 0
Re: 9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

awesome day, and epic pics! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: 9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

Nice haul!!! Thank you for sharing the super nice pics!!!
 
Re: 9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

Wow! Sounds like you ran a marathon! Nice finds! Great pics! What kind of camera are you using?
 
Re: 9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

Camera is a Polaroid, just a basic model. Key is knowing all those crazy settings in order to get nice close ups.
 
Re: 9am-5PM - - - 5K Non Stop CRH -- Results & Pics

Nice finds of the halves and dimes, especially the Mercuries. Lots of work, but that's
the fun of CRHing. Best of luck on your upcoming boxes.
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom