9th Anual CONFEDERATE Reunion Badge

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It started out another cold and windy day here in the Smoky Mountains in NC. I had a couple of carpet jobs for a friend of mine who is a realtor in an historic town not too far from here. Upon leaving this morning, I thought, "hmmm maybe I'll take the etrac and find a new spot to detect."

After cleaning the carpets I wraped up my hoses and begun my trip through the old town looking for a spot. At this point the sun was bright and the temperature was rising. Driving through town I noticed a lone house way atop a hill that was begging me to come and visit. I arrived to the home got out of my van and approached the door. I saw the two very large antique wood doors had a classic door knocker which I gave a couple light knocks. An old man about 5'4 and bright blue eyes answered the door. I introduced myself then shook his hand and told him about my hobby and asked if it would be OK if I tried. He smiled and said in a deep southern drawl and calm voice; "sure Go on ahead Mike, this place is over 140 years old, there's no tellin what you'll find". I told him thank you and proceeded to my truck where I hooked up my gear and begun the familliar griding technique I am accustomed to. Right away I noticed the site was full of different metal. I knew I had to change my 10.5 Minelab coil to my amazing 10x5 CoilTek Joey Coil... IT Worked 001.JPG
I dug all kinds of trash like this.
002.JPG

I dug some 1800's civilian buttons, Curious tiny iron bowl, an 1896 IH a couple silver dimes,lock and various other things.
005.JPG
I had a real nice tone come through My headset which I immediately dug and come to my surprise, It was a super cool coca~cola watch fob 'Lucky charm' swastika fob by Coca-Cola. 1920's USA.

:headbang:

003.JPG
Later, I was working the edges of a field when I got this sweet tone. I dug carefully and out of the plug came this amazing, Confederate reunion half badge. A great badge from the 1899 United Confederate Veterans reunion held in Charleston, South Carolina. The hangar would have had the word "souveneer" on it. The drop has a Confederate battle flag in the middle of the cross. Written on the badge is "9Th Annual Reunion Charleston, S.C. - United Confederate Veterans - May 10-13, 1899". A very nice badge from a hard to find reunion.

This fob reads: 9Th annual Reunion, Charleston SC
center: United Confederate Veterans May 10Th-13Th 1899!!!!!
006.JPG

And I almost forgot.. I dug this really cool 1887 seated liberty dime....

I'm going back tomorrow!

Upvote 0

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you did great. We are still buried under snow in Indiana. This place looks like it has amazing potential.
Since you have done so well already, now just relax and see what else comes along. Thanks for posting.

HH, Don

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: 9th Anual CONFEDERATE Reunion Fob!!!!!!!!!

Capt. JP said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Did you know coca cola cost a nickel from 1886 to 1959 ;D

My father (born in 1949) reminds me about that every so often. Also that for 15 cents they would go to the movie theater and get pop corn and a soda, all for 15 cents. Not that long ago I remember using a dime to make a phone call from a pay phone and buying a coke from the machine for a quarter......

Cool fob. I bet the guy that lost that was sad.

It looks like you had a great day.
25 cent machine cokes went into late 70's..I remember taking change laying around in the sofa to buy cokes.. things kids do..lol

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: 9th Anual CONFEDERATE Reunion Fob!!!!!!!!!

Deepdiger60 said:
RPG said:
Nice digs Mike. That reunion fob is great as is the coca-cola swastika fob. :thumbsup:

Did the old blue eyed gentleman give you any clue who the reunion fob may have belonged to? Wouldn't it be nice to put a name on that one. 1899 shouldn't be too hard to trace back to the owner. :)

If you ever need any help I will be glad to come dig your trash for you. :D

I missed the dime first go around. Seated is always welcome. :icon_sunny:
Oh wow !! i did not notice that was a Swastika until you just said something odd find :thumbsup:
Swastika was a good luck symbol..Til Nazi Germany took it an made into what most think is the meaning of it ...

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
i see a 45 rpm record adaptor to the left of the Dime. To play a 45 on a regular spindle record player.
Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some awesome finds and a great assortment! Still snowed in here. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread