Sooper Dave
Bronze Member
I found another old school site on a big piece of property that looked pretty good to be hiding some old coins. As I was tracking down the owner, I was told by different folks in the area, that it had been detected tons of times. I finally met up with the owner and got permission to hunt. He told me the same thing that he and many others had hunted it over the years, but I could hunt it anytime I wanted. I hear those words a lot about old sites and I take it as a challenge to find something. I fired up the Etrac and headed to a corner of the large property and my third signal I dug was a nice Merc. I thought this could be a good sign and ended up with 7 silver, 4 Buffalos and a handful of wheats after the first hunt. I went back twice this week and dug another 8 silver, a buffalo and my the oldest coin from this site, an 1888 V nickel. I was hoping to find a few keepers but I was not expecting it to produce like this. I will go back in the winter to hunt the wooded spots, might be a few more hiding in there. HH David
Upvote
112
Congrats on the haul!!
Lots of folks give up after a few tries and there is no way every square inch has been hunted and the ground conditions are always changing to shift treasures closer to the surface for us hard core hunters to find later! Great finds and I'm glad you shared them with us! 







