A birthday gift from Jetty Park.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Graffixgirl and I got to Jetty Park about 1 pm and stayed until 6 pm and it was in the 90's with a mild breeze. The tide was going out and the surf for a change wasn't too rough but we weren't finding anything in the waist deep water but pull tabs. I went back to hunting wet sand and had a low tone reading and dug it and dumped the tailings on the hard packed sand. I scanned the hole and found nothing so I sweep the dug dirt and got a low bass tone so I reached into the soft muddy sand and out came a Man's 10K gold bracelet that later weighed in at 11.2 grams or about $400. in scrap gold value. I hunted down toward Graffixgirl and she knew by the smirk on my face that I had a goodie. About the same time as I reached her a lady came walking up inquiring if I ever find anything of value and I pulled out that Gold Bracelet. Graffixgirl said that I rocked and the lady guest was impressed to.
I didn't see another Th'er till about 5 pm but he must have been shy as he didn't approach me. I dug 4 quarters and two dimes all clad from one hole and I started getting one of those too much sun headaches and told Graffixgirl that it was time to head for the barn.
When I dropped her off at her house, she displayed her meager finds but she was happy to have found what she did. She couldn't get over that bracelet and neither could I. Its been several years since I found a heavy bracelet and since its a Man's bracelet, it'll be on my wrist once its been repaired. My birthday is on the 13th so its a nice early birthday present from Jetty Park.

Attachments

• Jetty Park2.JPG
    Jetty Park2.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
I was probably the shy one. I got there around 4:30, found an Ipod(wet), silver ring, two cheep bracelets, clad and a lot of can slaw that sounds like gold bracelets. :D Unfortunately a lot of the Mders I see don’t want to be bothered so I don’t really bother anyone unless they approach me. I was the one with the excel 1000 and wearing the John deer hat. Throw your scoop at me next time and I will come say hi. ;D
Really NICE bracelet by the way. And happy birthday!

Dale

Super finds, but by my calculations it comes out to $134.10 scrap value. 31.1 Grams/ounce at 11.97/gram for 10k. Still some sweet finds.

Mumszie”

Don’t get me wrong I am a very friendly person, I just got the cold shoulder from so many mders it aint even funny. Maybe I look weird or something. I have said hi to a few and they actually looked me straight in the eye and turned and walked away. I, like most people don’t like rejection from other people enjoying the same hobby. Its probably new people that have the metal detecting thing all wrong, as I was here first what are you doing here.
I have been detecting since the early eighties and know the beach is the beach. I also know following someone to their secret spot is another story. (Happened to me up north)
I guess some just get a competition thing going on. Whatever it is, I welcome any and all mders to join me in my pull tab diggings. So come on down to Florida and lets find some aluminum together.
And Flauther: I was only joking about throwing the scoop. I think I know who you were out there. And to keep in the scope of the post! Once again, Realy NICE bracelet.

Congrats on the bracelet FL author, it's a nice one for sure WTG!
Glenn

Well Dale, I was kind of walking toward you but I guess you were into your detecting and I've had the cold shoulder too from other TH'ers. I was the big guy with the khaki Dilly hat with the sun protector with the big scoop and Excalibur. I wanted to show my find to a select few that the stuff is out there. It's been a long, long time since I hunted Jetty Park. Graffixgirl and I usually try and find areas that have never seen a metal detector and we had hunted just such a spot earlier in the morning and didn't find much so we opted to try Jetty Park since it was close by.
Harry / FlAuthor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back