A Brief Hunt before the Huge Snow Storm

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today before the big snow storm, I went on a quick hunt at a local school. I only found some surface clad coins, but it was sure fun hunting over a 2” layer of snow from the previous day. I long for this morning; presently I’m up to my “control box” in snow here in Massachusetts (Cape Cod area). :BangHead: I cleaned the driveway three times with the snow blower, but must admit its fun. I sure hope the season isn’t over, but looking out the window doesn’t look promising for the near future. Perhaps the “Snow Gods” will give us a week of temperatures in the 50’s. :dontknow:

GL & HH

Doc

Upvote 7

cologneman

Apr 6, 2015
Northeast Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and XP Deus. Garrett Carrot and MI-6.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the Gods may just do that. The long range forecast does show 50's next week. I've been out once to clean off the driveway but I'll be going back out again for sure. Went out myself for a fast hunt until the snow began to fly and managed a few ok finds. With the ground covered for now it's a good time to do indoor things like visiting the bottle show in Taunton tomorrow.

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Cologneman,

I sure hope your right about the weather!

Looks like my daughter and I will see you at the bottle show tomorrow!

Regards,

Doc

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay warm Professor....
My Dad just snowbirded himself from there 2 days ago....just in time too!

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Already warming up in AZ. But it's started to rain a lot now so the sand ground is consistently wet most of the time.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, I was out in 6 inch deep snow until 6:30 with some buddies. It was too much like work trying to push that coil through the snow. My buddy found a Barber Dime and a Silver pocket watch.

Heat wave is coming, maybe for you too Prof.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to 50's this Thursday here in Ohio. It's going to be a soggy mess I fear, but may be the last chance before the 2 month freeze. Good Luck to you and your daughter Doc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread