What's new

a buckle for what?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this buckle but dont know anything about "COLONIAL" or what this style of buckle would come off of. its about 4 inches long and made of brass/copper
IMG_9511.webpIMG_9507.webp
 
Last edited:
It says colonial. It must be from the 16 or 1700's? hehe Whats the other side look like? How big is it? Having the hook in the center it may not be a buckle at all.
 
Upvote 0
I was having trouble uploading the front had to edit and re save it to get it to go, I use the term buckle loosely any more accurate ids are welcome
 
Upvote 0
The back center looks like sheet metal. I’m guessing 1920s or 30s colonial reinactment faux shoe buckle. They still sell a version or two on Amazon.
 
Upvote 0
Huh, pretty cool, good job
 
Upvote 0
It's a dress/sash buckle. The art-deco Grecian key motif makes me think 1930-ish.
 
Upvote 0
It's a dress/sash buckle. The art-deco Grecian key motif makes me think 1930-ish.

I agree with art-deco or art noveau and a 1920-30 dating. This is a beautiful piece (I just love art-noveau/deco/Jugendstil...)!

Colonial should be trademark or a company name.

Greets namxat
 
Upvote 0
Good Id nice relic
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
433
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
573
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this?
Replies
8
Views
558

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom