A case for mythbusters? Old wisdom about snake and a rope

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
texastee2007 said:
Tony66 said:
what is/are horse apples, my first thought is a polite way of saying horse droppings.

exactly horse poop is nice and round balls unless the animal is not healthy. sometimes they call them road apples. It is some of the best fertilizer...very easy on plants.

Thanks TexasTee, I kind-a figured it wasn't the kind-a apple you melt caramel over but I wasn't sure so asking couldn't hurt. I've learned something new, thanks.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Ask away, White Gold. Sailing, American literature and guns are my things.

OT

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
texastee2007 said:
Tony66 said:
texastee2007 said:
Tony66 said:
what is/are horse apples, my first thought is a polite way of saying horse droppings.

exactly horse poop is nice and round balls unless the animal is not healthy. sometimes they call them road apples. It is some of the best fertilizer...very easy on plants.

Thanks TexasTee, I kind-a figured it wasn't the kind-a apple you melt caramel over but I wasn't sure so asking couldn't hurt. I've learned something new, thanks.

I guess you could but it might not be so crisp and crunchy as mushy and chewy....kinda icky

Well you know what they say 'Once you get past the smell, you've got it licked'! :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D :D :icon_thumleft:

And before someone retorts on how I might be aware of this - there is another equally OLD saying - 'Don't knock it till you tried it!' :tongue3: :laughing9: ::) ;D :icon_thumright:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 50 years of camping, sleeping on the ground, in tents, passin out in the back of the pickup, snakes don't care nothin about ropes, and never had one try to crawl in the bedroll. 'The Rifleman' had an episode about that sort of thing. You're more likely to wake up starin a skunk in the face. Old Town, 'Ruger Vaquero', excellent, I got that one, and recently have been able to buy ammo for it.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
RGINN said:
Over 50 years of camping, sleeping on the ground, in tents, passin out in the back of the pickup, snakes don't care nothin about ropes, and never had one try to crawl in the bedroll. 'The Rifleman' had an episode about that sort of thing. You're more likely to wake up starin a skunk in the face. Old Town, 'Ruger Vaquero', excellent, I got that one, and recently have been able to buy ammo for it.

Lucas lay sweating in his blanket with a big rattler crawling around on his legs. I remember the episode. Never missed The Rifleman even if the year was 1881 and Lucas opened every show firing a Winchester 92 that hadn't been designed yet. He'd have been a '73 man in 1881.

The shot capsule out of a single-action is the rattlesnake's only natural enemy. LOL
Much better than a rope. Much, much, better.

OT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread