A chance encounter today at a Wells Fargo

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i was going to a WF branch that always has 2000 for me every Friday and as I am waiting at the merchant window for my boxes to come up I hear some coins hit the floor and the distinctive ring of silver.

Immediately I go into action, because anyone bringing silver into a bank is obviously there to a) exchange it or b) deposit it and doesn't know or doesn't care about the value.

I approach the lady and said, "Hi, I'm a coin collector and I see you have some half dollars there. If you are just going to exchange it (the line was huge), I can save you some time and give you cash for the value of it." She replies, "sure!"

So we counted it out, theres 8 Ikes (no silver), 34$ of halves, i can see some 40%'s mingled in, a couple quarters, 1 of them being a standing liberty, and a war nickel. The total was about 43 and change, I gave her $45 and she then proceeds to say, "some of those are silver I think, you might be able to sell them for more, but I just don't have time to do that. These were my grandmothers and the only thing we kept was the Morgan dollars, my son already exchanged a bunch of the halves (crap crap crap, but at least I got some of them is going through my head)." So I gave her my number and said, "If you ever want to sell those Morgans, give me a call and we can work out a deal." She took the number, so heres to hoping!

End result was
10 x 40%
1925 Standing quarter
1943 P war nic

Picked up my 4 boxes and got a 1967 5 rolls into the first box, so heres to hoping for a good night!

HH,
Bigheed

Upvote 0
That is awesome Bigheed!!! Like a tiger on the hunt you pounced on the Ag. Hehe

HH

Very nice BH! That's what it's all about, right place right time, glad you scored it! HH, Maverick.

Good job, especially giving her your number. She may find more coins, and be willing to sell them to you rather than just cash them in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back