What's new

A Civil War Relic & A Nice Thrift Store Find! The

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a fun mini vacation in Hilton Head this weekend. We did some detecting but didn't find much. My only notable find was a Civil War knapsack hook. I was really surprised to find it on the beach although it was near a fort. My best find was at a thrift store. I got this awesome banjo clock circa 1915 for a whopping $4.50! It doesn't have the guts but I can still make a handsome profit if I decide to sell. Just the face & hands sold on eBay for $122! If I part it out I could get between $3-400! Not a bad return! It was nice to get away & enjoy some nice scenery & eat some good food. Thanks to Jim D for being a great host! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462887.700969.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462903.568336.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462929.749931.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462967.430129.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462985.564344.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462998.783824.webp
 
Upvote 10
Nice find and thrift score!

Hope your vaca was good!
 
MAN THATS GONNA LOOK GOOD ON SOMEBODYS WALL COOL AS HEAEL.
 
Nice Josh nice. Glad that you had a good time.
 
Score ! Very sweet find - that banjo clock - could probably have some new guts put in it for not too much money .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom