What's new

A couple cool finds from the Gold Rush

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting for my many period (1849-1855)sites to produce a complete buckle and today one came through!!Also some chinese coins,two halves of a pistol powder flask,a colonial silver buckle and an opium tin lid.Thanks for looking!!
 

Attachments

  • t&w1.webp
    t&w1.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,181
  • opium tin.webp
    opium tin.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,198
  • t&w relics.webp
    t&w relics.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,164
Upvote 0
Those are some really great finds!
Baggins
 
Very nice finds ... that buckle is awesome! Congratz and continued good hunting~Jimmy
 
suuuuuuuuuuuper job ..........it all pays off.....
 
AWESOME DUDE!!!!
You should repost with the title "AWESOME BUCKLE FOUND"!!!!!!!
Great Job!!!
 
Good Lord what a haul. I wouldn't care if I ever found anything else after that. HH
Burdie
 
Nice buckle. Very rare to find both the tongue and wreath! This is the type of find I would like to see on the banner!

KG6YLL
 
kg6yll said:
Nice buckle. Very rare to find both the tongue and wreath! This is the type of find I would like to see on the banner!

KG6YLL
ME TOO!!(on the banner) ;D you have found one or two of those on your side of the river havent you?? Also thanks for every body else's replies!! ;)
 
Man That's an Outstanding buckle. What a find!!!! The other piece that the coins are in looks like part of a CW carbine sling buckle.
 
KirkTN said:
Man That's an Outstanding buckle. What a find!!!! The other piece that the coins are in looks like part of a CW carbine sling buckle.
I thought maybe that was a daguerreotype frame as it has a floral design around the border and rivets at all four corners.I thought the silver buckle resembled a carbine sling but it appears to be solid silver,and somebody at another site thought it was a colonial buckle???Thanks for looking
 
kuger said:
kg6yll said:
Nice buckle. Very rare to find both the tongue and wreath! This is the type of find I would like to see on the banner!

KG6YLL
ME TOO!!(on the banner) ;D you have found one or two of those on your side of the river havent you?? Also thanks for every body else's replies!! ;)
Actually it was my cousin who found a tongue just like yours. I have found a couple different pieces of different types. You must have been pumped to find both pieces.
 
That my friend is AWESOME.....Excellent find's.!!!!Mine's out there somewhere ;) Big Congrat's to ya!!!
 
Nice day, LOVE that first pic,what a find. :o
 
Nice finds! WTG!!!

--Brendan
 
Very nice finds! Don't be afraid to make those pictures a little bigger, LOL! HH, Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom