What's new

A couple more mountain finds

2moshers

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
596
Reaction score
2,954
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Managed to metal detect a bit while hunting up on the mountain. Managed to find 2 more old horseshoes, a springtrap, and an old fence wire insulator from an old cow pasture. IMG_4373.webpIMG_4452.webpIMG_4449.webpIMG_4450.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 16
YIKES!....the trap is scary looking.....
Good hunt and finds.
 
Nice finds, like the old trap. They were tough made.
 
DANG MOSH SEE SPARK PLUG TOP BUT THE SHOE SIZER 2ND PIC TAKES THE CAKE . SEE U HAVE LUCK ON YOUR SIDE ....
 
Traps are a neat relic to find. I used to leave them in the woods, until I found 2 this past spring. They were different then most I had found. After researching , I found out they were kangaroo traps and manufactured in the early 20th century.
 
some fun hunt there,and it looks like the bear got away from that trap.
 
I've found several of them old traps and end up turning around and reusing them if the springs aren't too wore out. I usually take mine and boil them in Walnut hulls to get the crud off and redo them
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom