What's new

Quick Hunt Yesterday

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,940
Reaction score
47,774
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been cooped up in the house this week because of the mountain behind my house is on fire and was in a "get ready" evac zone. Was getting cabin fever and just wanted to get out, but close to home, so I went poking around an old site less than a mile from the house.
Was able to get this old needle container piece with the detector and I eyeballed the bottom of the bottle which was just poking above the ground a little bit.

IMG_2266.webp
IMG_2267.webp
IMG_2259.webp
IMG_2268.webp
IMG_2269.webp


It fluoresces under UV light.
IMG_2270.webp
 
Upvote 31
Been cooped up in the house this week because of the mountain behind my house is on fire and was in a "get ready" evac zone. Was getting cabin fever and just wanted to get out, but close to home, so I went poking around an old site less than a mile from the house.
Was able to get this old needle container piece with the detector and I eyeballed the bottom of the bottle which was just poking above the ground a little bit.

View attachment 2265595View attachment 2265596View attachment 2265597View attachment 2265598View attachment 2265599

It fluoresces under UV light.
View attachment 2265600
Great stuff. I really like that needle case.
 
Been cooped up in the house this week because of the mountain behind my house is on fire and was in a "get ready" evac zone. Was getting cabin fever and just wanted to get out, but close to home, so I went poking around an old site less than a mile from the house.
Was able to get this old needle container piece with the detector and I eyeballed the bottom of the bottle which was just poking above the ground a little bit.

View attachment 2265595View attachment 2265596View attachment 2265597View attachment 2265598View attachment 2265599

It fluoresces under UV light.
View attachment 2265600
Nice bottle and intact...the needle case is really nice, you don't find those everyday. Dumb question but what created the green glow in the bottle...Hopefully nothing radioactive :)
 
Been cooped up in the house this week because of the mountain behind my house is on fire and was in a "get ready" evac zone. Was getting cabin fever and just wanted to get out, but close to home, so I went poking around an old site less than a mile from the house.
Was able to get this old needle container piece with the detector and I eyeballed the bottom of the bottle which was just poking above the ground a little bit.

View attachment 2265595View attachment 2265596View attachment 2265597View attachment 2265598View attachment 2265599

It fluoresces under UV light.
View attachment 2265600
Very cool. Stuff used to be made so much better. Even the containers it came in!
 
Nice bottle and intact...the needle case is really nice, you don't find those everyday. Dumb question but what created the green glow in the bottle...Hopefully nothing radioactive :)
The glow in the bottle is likely from manganese dioxide, the stuff in old glass that makes it turn purple. If this bottle had been exposed to sunlight instead of buried it would be purple.
 
Been cooped up in the house this week because of the mountain behind my house is on fire and was in a "get ready" evac zone. Was getting cabin fever and just wanted to get out, but close to home, so I went poking around an old site less than a mile from the house.
Was able to get this old needle container piece with the detector and I eyeballed the bottom of the bottle which was just poking above the ground a little bit.

View attachment 2265595View attachment 2265596View attachment 2265597View attachment 2265598View attachment 2265599

It fluoresces under UV light.
View attachment 2265600
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Been cooped up in the house this week because of the mountain behind my house is on fire and was in a "get ready" evac zone. Was getting cabin fever and just wanted to get out, but close to home, so I went poking around an old site less than a mile from the house.
Was able to get this old needle container piece with the detector and I eyeballed the bottom of the bottle which was just poking above the ground a little bit.

View attachment 2265595View attachment 2265596View attachment 2265597View attachment 2265598View attachment 2265599

It fluoresces under UV light.
View attachment 2265600
Nice bottle
 
Nice recoveries, liking both of them
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom