caius_gauge

Aug 8, 2011
Madison, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone,

Well, I went out to my favorite park in town, its been around for a while, but it has been detected to death, I believe, but the geese are here, chatting away, and ready to move further south, and the lake on one side, and the beautiful pond (complete with island and old wooden bridges), how can I resist a peaceful Saturday morning hunt?

I had recently received my 10 x 14" EXcelerator coil for my Ace 250, and wanted a chance to check it out in the sandy beach area, and also test my new beach scoop. Well... The coil took some getting used to, and I am not there yet, but did find a TON of bottlecaps and pop-tops, the posts are true, the DD coil LOVES caps and bottletops!:( oh well, less trash in my park!

So, I moved over to the bridge/island area. I decided it was enough for one day for my DD coil, and switched back to my stock 6 x 9" coil. I started pulling up clad here and there. I was only there for a bit, my wife likes to sleep in on Saturdays, so I sneak out early and detect for a bit. We both get what we want:) Nothing like last week, as far as volume is concerned, but for under 2 hours at a well hunted park, I think I did ok:
(4) Quarters
(9) Dimes
(1) Nickel
(32) Pennies
(1) Zoo token (the oval shaped piece)

also, amidst the trash - (2) Large lead sinkers and a string of (4) small sinkers, with plenty of pull tabs, can bits and assorted trashy goodness.

I hope to hit a "special" spot next weekend, one that involves forest trekking, should be intresting.

Attachments

• PICT0438.JPG
    PICT0438.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 742
Upvote 0

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got out today which is better than me. Learning a new piece of equipment is certainly a challenge. :thumbsup:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
All in all, I'd say you did pretty well! Nice bunch of coinage! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread