What's new

A couple of small silver rings!

The Aluminum Monster

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2015
Messages
597
Reaction score
776
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a park today with a lot of activity. It's a very nice park and I'm not sure the age of it, but I think it is fairly new. No research, just some free swinging.

Found a bunch of coins, none older than 1968. That brings my coin total in the last 4-5 days to about twenty dollars. A lot of digging but money is money.

Found some large piece of metal. Thinking it may be copper or bronze because of the patina on it. A rich green that I am not sure will come through on the picture. Not a clue what it belonged to.

Found two small rings. The toe ring with the moon I thought was going to be a junk ring but sure enough, once I cleaned it, it is stamped .925 on the inside. Also found this tiny Irish Claddagh ring, stamped sterling on the inside.

I had honestly never heard the word "Claddagh" before someone posted their find the other day, and when I got home and showed my gal, she said "oh, a Claddagh ring." Go figure!

I've been in a couple of weeks silver slump, so these little guys made me happy.

Thanks for looking all. Enjoy the day!

-Jay

061415a.webp061415b.webp061415c.webp
 
Upvote 12
That's something that's been missing from my finds lately. Rings!

Very nice!
 
That's something that's been missing from my finds lately. Rings!

Very nice!

I'll tell you what. You seem like a decent fellow. I'll trade you these TWO silver rings for that ONE silver coin you found. 2 for 1!
 
The big piece looks like a main bearing cap for a motor. Congrats on pulling that bling and all that clad, it adds up fast.:thumbsup:
 
The big piece looks like a main bearing cap for a motor. Congrats on pulling that bling and all that clad, it adds up fast.:thumbsup:

Thanks! I will take your word on the bearing cap. I am fairly motor-illiterate. It did ring in at 78-79 on the AT Pro if that helps any. Now, I just need to get on your silver scent!
 
Nice silver rings! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom