A couple of wheats and a stunning barber!!

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Well I got out this morning with Dan32981 before it got too hot and the bugs too thick. We went back to the site we hit last week where I found the mini pocket spill(35' Washington, 41' Merc and 36' Buffalo) and Nose_4_Nails found his first piece of silver(a 44' Merc). We hunted for about 3 hours. The signals were few and far between, but I managed to find a couple of wheaties. A 36' and 38'. Then I got a really good signal that had a little depth to it. I just knew it was something good. I was right! Out popped a 1914 D Barber dime. It is an absolute beauty! The pictures do not do this coin justice! It still has mint luster! The best dug Barber I have ever found! I have posted before and after cleaning pictures of the dime. I also found an old button, anyone know the age? and a whatsit. Thanks for looking everyone. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• metaldetectingstuff 001.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 001.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 549
  • metaldetectingstuff 002.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 002.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 550
  • metaldetectingstuff 006.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 006.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 542
  • metaldetectingstuff 007.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 007.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 552
  • metaldetectingstuff 003.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 003.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 547
  • metaldetectingstuff 004.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 004.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 552
  • metaldetectingstuff 005.jpg
    metaldetectingstuff 005.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 541
Upvote 0
Awesome finds bro, that barber is definately top notch, i havent dug one that nice either!! Told you i thought i saw a 14 at the end of the date, again, congrats, super looking coin! Happy Dirt Fishing! I'll clean up the IH i found and post it in a little bit.

-Dan

WTG that barber does have a nice shine, but what happened to pics of your other finds?

goldeagle said:
it does look great was wondering how did you clean it?if you did clean it

Thanks for your reply Goldeagle. I just let the dime soak in some warm water and dish detergent. Then a gentle rinse and wipe with a cloth.

Justin

Thanks for the replys everybody! It was a great hunt. I love diggin' the oldies. Happy Hunting everyone!

Beautiful Barber find.....my Barbers arent in that league. :thumbsup:

That sure is a very nice Barber you got their, congrats

Thanks Dan32981, crazyjarhead, hikeinmts and MarkinIa. Diggin' that barber sure gave me a rush especially when I got it home and cleaned it up a bit. I wish they all came out of the ground in that good of shape. Thanks again for the replies and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back