What's new

A couple of Wheats - But check out the Indian Artifacts !

Trezurehunter

Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2003
Messages
20,475
Reaction score
25,977
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois / Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted much as I had shoulder surgery two weeks ago today. A few days ago, I had to get out of the house ( yes, I did figure out that I have a left hand, arm, & shoulder ), & they even work ! So armed ( no pun intended ) with my gear, I headed to a field I had done last month. After an hour I had the two Wheat's ( a 1919 & a toasty no date ) & new I would be getting tired soon. I worked my way down towards a depression filled with water about 30 yards by 20 yards in size. I'm still detecting, & look down to spot the Indian Stone Ax ! Wow, what a find for me. I just wish the other half wasn't missing. I walked around for a few more minutes & spotted the arrowhead point. It's all in one piece. In the 1600's the Illini & Pottawatomie tribes inhabited this area. They were both peaceful tribes who were gatherers. My daughter is going to take me back on Saturday & we will spend the morning together looking for more Treasure ( of the metallic & rock kind ! ).
 

Attachments

  • image1 (9).webp
    image1 (9).webp
    24 KB · Views: 132
  • image2 (2).webp
    image2 (2).webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image1 (7).webp
    image1 (7).webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 28
sounds like you had a good time. Congrats!
 
Nice finds.. Indian artifacts are fun to look at.
 
The ax is awesome buddy! Cracked me up when you said you had hand arm and shoulder! Congrats!
 
Great finds! My buddy found a complete grooved stone ax here in northeastern Pa. I have tried and tried to buy it from him, but understandably he won't part with it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom