๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION A Day in an Old Park

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I worked an old park in town. Now this park has been detected since the 1970โ€™s so good finds are not the norm and silver is a rarity. I decided to work an area that had a thin path in the woods that at one time probably was wider. I detected about 10 feet on either side of the path with Minelab Explorer SE Pro using a small Sun Ray X-5 coil do to the overgrown brush. Many holes yielded the usual junk (can pieces, pop tops and foil), but a few nice coins did find my coil during the hunt: Funny, I have found very few silver Washington Quarters in my years of detecting, so that find (1951) was a pleasant surprise.

The best find of the day was brand new Samsung Smartphone; still charged and unlocked in the grass near where my car was parked. So I sent a message to the last person that texted and asked if they could call the owner of the phone and we could meet for a return. Within two minutes a middle aged woman called (to her phone) and was very excited about the phone recovery. I told her we could meet at a local convenient store in town. We met and she was so happy to get her new phone back. She did offer me $ 50 dollars, but I declined the kind offer.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

View attachment 1651311

Excellent!
Jon

Way ta go Pro.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Great day detecting Doc and very cool phone return! Should be an honorable mention!

Nice finds Doc. You definitely made someone's day returning their phone. Well done sir.

I really appreciate all of the kind words about the phone recovery/return. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back