A Day with a Detecting Dude + A Promising Site

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes and ladies, Paco and I got out for some good ole' metal detecting with our metal detectors during a perfect metal detecting kind of day. :D We hit a Colonial site that has produced some old coppas (coppers) in the past. I only found 3 musketballs and a relic. Paco found 2 zoysketballs (musketballs) and a button. Since I only got one hour of sleep that night, I didn't feel too well while sweeping my relic machine. While digging a couple holes, for some reason, I "hacked" up my breakfast...thankfully, the contents went right into the hole, so I just put the dirt back and was off again, with a smile, in quest for treasure....whatever you dudes and ladies do, just never eat a half-dozen donuts 10 minutes before the actual relic hunting. Paco kept saying, while in the car, "Dude, you are going to regret that type of breakfast." I laughed, and stated, "Come on, dude, you are looking at superdetectorist!" :D

After our semi-decent datectin' day, I wanted to scout out a site that zoyboy had researched months back. Upon arriving to the site, we saw a farmer out in the field, so we decided to appoach him. To make a long story shot, we may have obtained permission to detect a Colonial tavern site. I asked him how long he had owned the property, "Since 1986 and no one has ever asked me to metal detect it." He told us, "Check back in with me in the fall, when I harvest...around October." We even told the farmer that we would make him a display case of some of the Colonial coins, buttons, and other relics.

I am just crossing my fingers on this one. Hopefully, if no one has ever asked to detect it from 1986-2006, it may be a virgin tavern site. Wish us luck, dudes!

Oh, by the way, Zoy, great research once again! This site will definitely put you on top for high-quality rasearch (research). This site was definitely difficult to find, but with your time, passion, and persistance, I think we may be in for a treat this fall.

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Those colonial babes wore lots of layers of drapes and ribbons, and had many pockets. A dude could get lost quite easily exploring for the wilver. It must have taken 1700's dudes a long time just to find the enchanted draped colonial goodly thong area.

Ahhh the good ol' days. ; :D

Ridley

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Ridley said:
Those colonial babes wore lots of layers of drapes and ribbons, and had many pockets. A dude could get lost quite easily exploring for the wilver. It must have taken 1700's dudes a long time just to find the enchanted draped colonial goodly thong area.

Ahhh the good ol' days. ; :D

Ridley

Laughing my frickin' a$$ off!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the tavern. I have a similar spot in my neck of the woods but I just need to get up the nerve to ask permission. It is not a field and the house is still standing.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Like a dude just wanting a few coppas (coppers), and he pokes a hole in the very drape (fabric) of time itself, and he gets a Niagra (falls) of Spanish wilver! :D

Ridley

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
I bet we could also pick pocket the tavern dudes.
Maybe I could also talk "sweet-nothings" into the decorous ladies ears, "Hey, you are looking good in that outfit, can I have some wilver? If no wilver, can I have a coppa?" :-*

Something like this? ;D
The saloon is a "wilverfest" Dude.
-MM-

Attachments

• A Wilverfest.jpg
    A Wilverfest.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Kirk putting on the moves.jpg
    Kirk putting on the moves.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
MM, that is frickin' hilarious. I would be the dude with the speedo on....the 1700s chicks would dig that. Then, maybe I could win some wilver. :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
MM, that is frickin' hilarious. I would be the dude with the speedo on....the 1700s chicks would dig that. Then, maybe I could win some wilver. :D

Here's a 1700's Speedo. :o

Attachments

• 1700\'s Speedo.jpg
    1700\'s Speedo.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 227

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
recshooter said:
so old roadbeds are good to hit? I have one from the 1800's on my property...I just assumed there would probably be nothing there
People have always lost stuff when they travel. If I knew of a road from the 1800s you can bank on the fact that I would be hitting it hard!

GOOD LUCK!

~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread