A Day with RP and his Women!

D

doyboy

RP and I decided to do a full day of detecting yesterday(6 hours to be specific). We started out at 8 a.m. and we went to an 1840s home. This place must have been hunted in the past due to only Wheaties being found. We each found a couple. We stayed at this area until 12 and then we decided to head into town. On our way out to the 1840s home we both spotted a site that had potential. Near the road was a sign that said, "Friendly Meeting House since 1795". We both looked over at each other and said we have to hit this area today. So, after asking around we came to the conclusion that this area is township owned. We took our detectors out and immediately got to sweeping 8). In about 35 minutes of detecting, RP calls me over with a smile on his face. I told him, "Just put it in my hand without telling me what it is." After putting it in my hand, he let out a yell, "It's a Matron Head!" The date turned out to be an 1834. He told me it had a perfect reading and was 7 inches deep.

After this find, we decided to head around the back of the building. In about 15 minutes of detecting, RP yells out, "Another One!" Yes, it was another Large cent, but of a different variety. It was a Braided Hair dated 1850. This one was 6 inches deep. This guy was on a roll ;D!

I only found an old skeleton key and a Wheatie at this area. We are going to plan another trip to this area after a soaking rain.

My totals for the day: 3 Wheaties, skeleton key, and a baby spoon.

Totals for RP: 2 Large cents and 4 Wheaties found with his faithful M6.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

doyboy

Sorry, men of detecting, I cannot post the pictures. RP has his women with him! I bet they will keep him great company ;)!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Doy, doy, zooooooooooy! 8) RP better lay off of those Double Latte Expressos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread