A Day with SILVER is a Day with Sunshine!!.....Another Sunny Day!!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another Beautiful Day for hunting!!....Found 65 coins consisting of 16 clad dimes, 12 quarters, that included a 1942 silver Washington quarter( the year I was born), and 37 of the Lincoln Memorial cents.
(Note: This is my 11th Silver coin for 2013)

004.JPG 006.JPG 001.JPG

Happy Hunting!!

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice // I just got back to fridged NH after 9 days in Fla. My Bro. in law and I went out 5-6 times , had a great time but not any 50 coin days //
That being said: I'm interested in the fact that you found no nickels/// Last yr my take for the year included 20% nickels with my DFX Most posts I see show a lower % --and I am wondering if its common and was I just lucky last year ?? comments /// Perry

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that silver !

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perry....good question on the nickels.....my hunting buddy, John, found a lot of nickels today to include a silver war nickel where we were at today; a Georgia Grade School built in 1925. He digs everything to include the post 1982 zinc Lincolns. But I have been using high discrimination to cut my digging time and rejecting the zinc cents and nickels, even though my detector has "notch" in or out capability.....He is much younger than I...lol. Of course I lose any gold items, because of the higher discrimination......but saves me some bending time on the pull tabs.
However, I do like the 95% copper Memorial cents, and they have almost 2.4 cents of copper in them. So together we clean up an area very well.

Bill

Lacomo

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a good day for sure. My first thought when I saw the Washington quarter was wow that was the year I was born. Man we are getting old, another 30 years or so and we will be getting to old to dig.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread