What's new

A different kind of treasure hunting...Morels

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
1,053
Reaction score
1,565
Golden Thread
0
Location
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I spent a couple hours last evening looking for a different kind of treasure. Morels. It was an area I hadn't hunted for several years.

Final score :

Morels = 0
Ticks = 18
 
Lol! I guess the ticks had a good meal. ;) Is this area known for morels and is this the season? I used to be into hunting mushrooms and wild plant foraging a few years back also. It's fun, although maybe a truffle hunting pig would make short work of it.
 
Yeah in my area they are not doing so hot, not up fully yet due to odd weather. Found around 60-70 this year but very weak year at the moment.

Love hunting them, I sometimes say that I am going "mushroom detecting" as my brother said it one time and it stuck, and now I say it by mistake. :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom