Tenderfoot
May 31, 2013
Salina, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A. E. Lentz &     Company          Malone Texas          2a.jpg
Dug this trade token in Muskogee, Oklahoma, very nice shape, except the fact its been slightly bent.
I'm not much of a researcher, but with what knowledge I have I've tried to find info on this company; when, why, where and for how long were they in business, but I cannot find any information pertaining to this token/company. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, greatly appreciated fellow detectorist.
Thank you in advance for the help in research/information.

Roger
Gr8tfl4all

Upvote 7
Hi - I did a little research and I think your token was issued by August Edward Lentz. He was born in 1880 and on his WWI draft card (1918) he states he is a merchant "for self" in Malone, Hill, Texas. He lists his wife as Emma Amale Lentz.

By the 1920 census the family appears to have moved to Broken Arrow, Tulsa, Oklahoma and his occupation is listed as "Real Estate".

He died in 1922 and here is a listing to his Find a Grave entry-

August Edward Lentz (1880 - 1922) - Find A Grave Memorial

Thank you very much for the well searched info Bramblefind.
God bless and Happy Hunting my friend!

Man this thread is getting close to where I live. Interesting that history is getting closer to us here in Oklahoma.

Man this thread is getting close to where I live. Interesting that history is getting closer to us here in Oklahoma.
History can be found in a lot of places. Although I am from Illinois, my second hunting state is Oklahoma as my son has lived there for 15 yrs. now. One of my best relic finds came from around the Shawnee area about 5 yrs. ago. It was a belt plate from the Indian Wars, which is also my avatar picture. My son sets places up for me to go, as he has a lot of friends down there. Oklahoma can be a great state to hunt !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back